Auto A/C Problem with Mistubishi Galant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    My wife's 2001 Mitsubishi Galant has a plugged A/C Drain tube and it's leaking water on the passenger side floor.
    On most other vehicles, you can see and get to the Drain tube and clean it out.
    On this model, it either drains into the frame rail or the tube is in the frame rail.

The local mechanic, who I know to be a decent guy, says that the proper way to fix this is to remove the dash and clean out the A/C Box and Drain Tube. $$$$$$ He also says that this is a common problem and he got burnt by not quoting the labor cost right the first time.

I agree that might be the best solution, but there's got to be an easier way to resolve this drain issue.

Is there another way to access the A/C box? I could even drill a small hose and Apply some Compressed Air to blow it clear?

HELP!!!

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I wish I had the same vehicle to look at but I don't. This sounds like the same setup Jeep used in the Cherokees. The drain was invisible. The procedure for cleaning it was to go under the dash and drill a hole thru the plastic housiing. The trick was to hit the spout which of course you could not see. Once the spout is cleared smear a little silicone over the hole.

I would do a visual inspection of the housing under the dash and look carefully for a small rubber hose coming off of the evaporator core housing heading towards the firewall. Sometimes I can remove the hose from under the dash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom