average gun guy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    yes but the prices seam pretty good

They don't specify if their uppers come with bcgs or not. The handguards are funky. I don't like them. The rail on them is higher than the upper. I don't see the purpose I guess. Prices are really not that much better than anywhere else. BCM, DSGarms, midway... Got to check them all for the best deals. I recently bought a mid length Del Ton upper assy complete with the semi BCG 1/9 twist A3 for $429 delivered from midway.

tas745

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Central, Louisiana
    They don't specify if their uppers come with bcgs or not. The handguards are funky. I don't like them. The rail on them is higher than the upper. I don't see the purpose I guess. Prices are really not that much better than anywhere else. BCM, DSGarms, midway... Got to check them all for the best deals. I recently bought a mid length Del Ton upper assy complete with the semi BCG 1/9 twist A3 for $429 delivered from midway.

yes I saw those but I didnt see a 300 in that range

avggunguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Well they say any press is good press. I am the owner of Average Gun Guy. Yes the website is not the super deluxe but when you are starting out you do the best you can. We have been continually working to improve it over time. As for our uppers we picked the AB Arms handguards after some testing and found them to be incredibly comfortable for alot of shooters. However, we do offer other options including a standard quad rail. Our prices are set to be very competitive and target the average shooter who does not have thousands lying around in the bank. We are not for everybody but I believe in what we build and my whole family shoots our own products. Just FYI the credit card processing is secured with verification so there are no concerns there. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to shoot us a message.

Bryan

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    These products are the bottom of the barrel in quality. This website has a pretty low opinion of the "average gun guy".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

avggunguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Nah not akward at all. Everyone has their opinion and what they like and want. I stand behind what we do and simply offer an option. Even Sam Colt started somewhere.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Can I ask why you say bottom of the barrel?
    Chrome moly barrels, really bad hand guards, standard slick side uppers, no BCG/Charging handle makes the price the same(or higher) as spikes tactical(a warrantied, trusted product).

Just out of curiosity, with the difference in heights between between the hand guard and receiver what is your solution for sights?

Last edited:

avggunguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    The barrels are good barrels, not match grade but good. As for the handguards I do not understand why everyone considers them bad here. I have seen a long list of shooters that swear by them. Either way we offer options to go to osprey aluminum quad rail if you prefer. Yes we offer a slick side upper and we also offer a standard upper with forward assist and dust cover. Finally we don't include the BCG because the 300 Blackout works with what you have and to be honest I think our price for an upper in 300 Blackout is very competitive. As I stated above we offer an option, in my opinion a quality option at a good price.

To answer you last question a scope mounted on the upper works just fine with this hanguard. The 300 Blackout is a great hunting round under 400 yards and this setup will do well in the field. My family all shoots this exact setup.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Do your 5.56 uppers come with a BCG?

With the difference in heights between between the hand guard and receiver what is your solution for sights?

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    The barrels are good barrels, not match grade but good. As for the handguards I do not understand why everyone considers them bad here. I have seen a long list of shooters that swear by them. Either way we offer options to go to osprey aluminum quad rail if you prefer. Yes we offer a slick side upper and we also offer a standard upper with forward assist and dust cover. Finally we don't include the BCG because the 300 Blackout works with what you have and to be honest I think our price for an upper in 300 Blackout is very competitive. As I stated above we offer an option, in my opinion a quality option at a good price.

To answer you last question a scope mounted on the upper works just fine with this hanguard. The 300 Blackout is a great hunting round under 400 yards and this setup will do well in the field. My family all shoots this exact setup.

I think the problem is as stated above, that your prices may be competetive to other brands. Those brands though are well known and proven brands. I can buy a BCM upper for basically the same price.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    UTG products are of questionable quality. Their rails are large, clunky,.and heavy. Their only upside is that they are cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

G

gunguy11

And what started as a possible sponsorship is about to turn nasty. I can see it coming lol

avggunguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Well I was doing some search result testing and ran across this thread again. Just wanted to let everyone know that Average Gun Guy is still alive and kicking. We survived the bubble and bust cycles. Learned from the last 2 years in business and are marching on. Check us out, we will be at Shot Show this year if any one is going.

Top Bottom