Bad news from Marksville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    To Mr. Charlie 12 about your comment about this individual spending his life in Angola. Ain't going to happen. LEO's & Politicians are prosecuted on Federal charges and sent to Federal detention centers so they don't spend time with the general populace of state centers where they can be retaliated against.[/
    QUOTE]

Which is utter BS. If you've wrong society why should be be granted protection from others who've done the same?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Antoinette Frank is in a state prison. These two murderers will be too.

She is a complete and total scumbag, but she has nothing on Len Davis! Who awaits execution in a Terre Haute, Indiana prison.

As for these current DEFENDANTS, and/or ALLEGED murderers; (some of you gun people need to keep reminding yourselves you still live in the US, where the Rule of Law seems blurred by democrats, but is still the way of the land), they could end up in a federal pen.

This notion that federal prisons are some sort of country club or sanctuary, is ridiculous! Where in the world does that come from?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    This notion that federal prisons are some sort of country club or sanctuary, is ridiculous! Where in the world does that come from?

I used to work at Corry Station in Pensacola. There is a federal prison camp there. While "country club" or "nice" is an over statement, one could do way worse as a free man. Deployed military have it much worse.
    They have unsupervised work details on nas, a lot of free time, three hots and a bed (not a cot) ac, heat and since it's a min. security facility, no one screws with you. It's all white collar criminals.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I used to work at Corry Station in Pensacola. There is a federal prison camp there. While "country club" or "nice" is an over statement, one could do way worse as a free man. Deployed military have it much worse.
    They have unsupervised work details on nas, a lot of free time, three hots and a bed (not a cot) ac, heat and since it's a min. security facility, no one screws with you. It's all white collar criminals.

white collar being a key term here.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

A federal penitentiary and a federal prison camp are completely different animals. I don't think your example holds true when you look into the likes of ADX Colorado versus yours in Pensacola.

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    Just saying that is where the country club stuff comes from.
    I know that super max is different.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Having been to Angola and seen first hand the inside of the camps, I wouldnt want to go there to stay but it could be much worse.

Last edited:

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...As for these current DEFENDANTS, and/or ALLEGED murderers; (some of you gun people need to keep reminding yourselves you still live in the US, where the Rule of Law seems blurred by democrats, but is still the way of the land)...

I haven't heard of any evidence that they can possibly construe as a valid reason for this killing and the two LEOs have admitted to being the shooters.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's the right decision! That law was not intended to deny a father (who happens to be an attorney), the ability to bond out his son. If this accused murderer was not supposed to be released, that is on the bond hearing judge!

Top Bottom