Bad news from Marksville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Did anyone think for a second that the media was going to just let this slide at face value? As I said, the only thing worse than this kid dying is people lying about how it happened! I really hope that is not the case.

me too...hopefully this most recent story is inaccurate.

angrycookieman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Central Louisiana near Pitkin
    Quote from article above - Edmonson also said video footage of the incident does exist, but that investigators have not reviewed it. He added that the officers involved – there are four – had so far refused to speak with state police investigators. -
    Wow, really?!? Haven't reviewed the video yet? Who actually believes that? I'm sorry, but I don't see any justification whatsoever for them to have shot him. They should be held accountable just like a private citizen would be. They should not be getting special treatment because of who they are. This is why people are fed up.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Quote from article above - Edmonson also said video footage of the incident does exist, but that investigators have not reviewed it. He added that the officers involved – there are four – had so far refused to speak with state police investigators. -
    Wow, really?!? Haven't reviewed the video yet? Who actually believes that? I'm sorry, but I don't see any justification whatsoever for them to have shot him. They should be held accountable just like a private citizen would be. They should not be getting special treatment because of who they are. This is why people are fed up.
    He ran from them. That was reason enough for them to shoot the guy...and his son, for which he is responsible. Right?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    He ran from them. That was reason enough for them to shoot the guy...and his son, for which he is responsible. Right?

Certainly not, less we are now willing to absolve police of all responsibility and dish out death penalty sentences for anyone who does not comply immediately, no matter if an officer's life is in danger or not....that would be extremely immoral and atrocious.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Wow, I am glad it[1] seems that they will do the right thing. And after reading the story,[2] I wonder how many here are still ready to blame the father for it all?

[1]Seeming to do the right thing, and Doing the right thing... We'll know that answer after the process is complete. Don't get your hopes up.

[2]How many here are still gonna blame the father?

The usual suspects...

Last edited:

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Mr. Pew's Father said that his son has had some type of conflict with one of the officers involved in the shooting. Honestly, if I were having some type of problem with a LEO & felt that I might be harmed I would probably drive away also if I felt that there was no other option. It is a tragedy no matter what the reason was. It seems these cops had a vendetta against Pew. They are both also named in several pending law suits. Hopefully the State will come in & look really hard at ALL of the police agencies in Marksville.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    According to one article, Marksville has no use of force policy???!!! WTF!!
    On a side note, it seems to me that some that immediately jump in on the side of LEO (understandably) seem to not have much to say when one MAY have done wrong..... (yes I know it's still being investigated and no one knows for sure yet what happened). Support but never condemn? JUST SAYIN'

Last edited:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    According to one article, Marksville has no use of force policy???!!! WTF!!
    On a side note, it seems to me that some that immediately jump in on the side of LEO (understandably) seem to not have much to say when one MAY have done wrong..... (yes I know it's still being investigated and no one knows for sure yet what happened). Support but never condemn? JUST SAYIN'

Or they are waiting for the facts instead of reading media reports full of very limited information and making baseless inferences.

JUST SAYIN

That being said if the LSP shoot team made the arrest then it was a bad shoot. That's basicly good enough for me. There is way more going on here than is being released to the media.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Honestly the father screwed up when he ran from the police with his child in the car, I am not removing any guilt from a possibly unjustified shooting. When you run from the police, you escalated things. If he didn't have warrants (as is being reported, but hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge) and was running purely because of the history he had with an officer (also just report based) then he should have surrendered peacefully and video recorded or called the local PD to request another unit be present. He obviously shouldn't have ran regardless if he had a warrant, but that makes his judgement even poorer if he didn't have warrants. I have little understanding of the details and more condemning details may be revealed about Few or the officers.

Dont misunderstand what I am saying, if these officers opened fire without justification then they should be charged/convicted accordingly.

Top Bottom