Bad news from Marksville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    It seems to appear that all of this scrutiny involving police around the country is both a good thing and a bad thing. It exposing some dastardly things, but it is also exposing some serious deficiencies. Incidents like this are showing glaring examples of underfunded police forces, grossly underpaid employees, and with that comes a serious lack of competent recruitment, and training.

Now that being stated, remember that there are political forces that want to flame this discontent between police and people; and I'm not talking about those stupid black lives matter morons or the phony justice seekers. Look at the NOPD as an example of how bad underfunded departments fall apart. That is a serious problem.

We'd better start asking the right questions about the piles of **** we are electing, because they are running these departments and their cities into the ground. And the buck will stop at the law abiding, because the criminals couldn't care any less!

I'll definitely agree that police salaries are nowhere near what they should be. You get what you pay for.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Do you really fear everyone with a badge? Do you view everyone with a badge as a threat?

Just curious, based on this statement. Perhaps I've taken the quote out of context, and I've missed your meaning/point?

I do not fear everyone with a badge, I feel that the majority of LEO are trying to do the right thing. My point is this: a LEO has the power to kill anyone at anytime for whatever reason he/she deems necessary and non-LEO are supposed to just roll with it until they get their day in court. I am not saying that the majority of LEO are the type to shoot up a vehicle despite not being threatened and I am not saying those that do shoot up a vehicle won't have their day in court - what I am saying is by default they have the power to shoot first and ask second which puts everyone at risk.

Which brings me to this post:
    They should pull your IP, tag your name, and refuse any services you may require or ask for from them in the future. You don't have their back, they shouldn't have yours. (We all know this will never and would never be, their character is one much higher than yours). Millions of LEO/Public interactions a day which go without event, and your conclusion is none are good people. You're a whack job. Ofcourse, I too could have taken your comment out of context or missed the meaning, BUT I take things as I see them.

I might be willing to make a deal with LE where they don't provide me service in exchange for waiving their right to immunity, to invade my personal space, to detain me, to being treated different from non-LEO in the court of law. You are quick to say I should not be provided services, but how quick are you to say that I should have the right to treat LE like any other non-commissioned individual? Few in a position of power and immunity are willing to trade it away and I don't see LE giving up their legal protections to stop serving and protecting any number of individuals.

In my first post, I never said anything about whether I support or do not support LE. You just got all butthurt that I recognize the potential danger any encounter with LE might have and want to knock my character rather than refute my post with statements like "The LSP will ensure these killers see their day in court and don't have the opportunity to kill under the auspice of law again" or "what about all the harm that LE saves people from". Getting all frothy like Obama on gun control does nothing to change the way people feel; your bluster is just that.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll definitely agree that police salaries are nowhere near what they should be. You get what you pay for.

And you don't fix it just by throwing money at it. Hell, if we've learned anything at all in this country about pissing money away (like public education), it should be that. There is something happening in our society that we cannot explain away. I would submit that the **** people are winning, and they are wearing down the good. Look at how there is a convenient excuse for everything the **** people do in this country.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    But does any of that justify opening fire -- even if there had been a warrant, which apparently there was not -- without regard to who else might be in that vehicle?

My comment was only about why he might have ran. He is a convicted drunk driver he's been busted for it this year, he had left a bar not long before the chase. My guess is he didn't want to go back to jail and when they lite him up it was on.
    If he has history with these LEO's I have know way of knowing that and will be waiting for all the evidence to come out when LSP and the Attorney General's investigation is made public.

Some people run for all kinds of reasons and some are really stupid.

Like the title said and I started the thread Bad news from Marksville

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    My comment was only about why he might have ran. He is a convicted drunk driver he's been busted for it this year, he had left a bar not long before the chase. My guess is he didn't want to go back to jail and when they lite him up it was on.
    If he has history with these LEO's I have know way of knowing that and will be waiting for all the evidence to come out when LSP and the Attorney General's investigation is made public.

Some people run for all kinds of reasons and some are really stupid.

Yep. There's a lot of things going on in this situation that are really effed up.

Those involved might not even have jurisdiction, they claim to have been serving a warrant to a person who it turns out has no warrants, and they allege the person backed into them (using his vehicle as a deadly weapon causing them to open fire) but there's no evidence of that either.

There is also some reason to believe a lover's triangle could possibly also be involved.

Oh, and the lawyer is saying bodycam footage shows Chris Few's hands were up when Stafford and Greenhouse fired their weapons.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Yep. There's a lot of things going on in this situation that are really effed up.

Those involved might not even have jurisdiction, they claim to have been serving a warrant to a person who it turns out has no warrants, and they allege the person backed into them (using his vehicle as a deadly weapon causing them to open fire) but there's no evidence of that either.

There is also some reason to believe a lover's triangle could possibly also be involved.

Oh, and the lawyer is saying bodycam footage shows Chris Few's hands were up when Stafford and Greenhouse fired their weapons.

Terrible situation all the way around. It will be interesting once the investigation reveals the facts.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I've got a question regarding the 3rd paragraph from the first article posted. It says....

Dr. L.J. Mayeux, coroner of Avoyelles Parish says the father of the victim, Chris Few, had warrants out for his arrest

Even if that information about the warrants is true does it seem odd to anyone else that it is being said by the coroner? Is that normal?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I've got a question regarding the 3rd paragraph from the first article posted. It says....

Dr. L.J. Mayeux, coroner of Avoyelles Parish says the father of the victim, Chris Few, had warrants out for his arrest

Even if that information about the warrants is true does it seem odd to anyone else that it is being said by the coroner? Is that normal?

He probably spoke out of line, he was probably told "they were working with the marshals office serving a warrant" or something along those lines. I don't think he should have divulged any information honestly, thats how facts are skewed.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    This may seem off topic, as it's not a pro/anti LEO statement. I'm not saying it should be, or I want it to be, or that this deserves to be, quite the opposite, but the most scary aspect of this situation is so far I have seen nothing on the national media about this. Not that I watch all the national news, but it seems it has been focusing heavily on these types of stories this year. This story on the surface seems like something Anderson Cooper would be squawking about for a week, interviewing crying family members and speculating with a panel of "experts" and such, but I've seen nothing. The media has been trying to undermine law enforcement in regards to a particular segment of the population, and unless I'm missing something, this seems strong evidence of it to me. Why? I'm supposed to be outraged by some street thug who gets choked while in the process of committing a crime, but the death of a small child is hardly worth mentioning?

I hope I haven't been misunderstood, I'm trying to express my feelings that the large national media machine media is just about an enemy of the nation nowadays, and this just happens to be an example that spotlights it for me.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    This may seem off topic, as it's not a pro/anti LEO statement. I'm not saying it should be, or I want it to be, or that this deserves to be, quite the opposite, but the most scary aspect of this situation is so far I have seen nothing on the national media about this. Not that I watch all the national news, but it seems it has been focusing heavily on these types of stories this year. This story on the surface seems like something Anderson Cooper would be squawking about for a week, interviewing crying family members and speculating with a panel of "experts" and such, but I've seen nothing. The media has been trying to undermine law enforcement in regards to a particular segment of the population, and unless I'm missing something, this seems strong evidence of it to me. Why? I'm supposed to be outraged by some street thug who gets choked while in the process of committing a crime, but the death of a small child is hardly worth mentioning?

I hope I haven't been misunderstood, I'm trying to express my feelings that the large national media machine media is just about an enemy of the nation nowadays, and this just happens to be an example that spotlights it for me.

Cops are black (I think/maybe mixed race just looking at the pics) and the victims (one maybe a suspect also) are white. Doesn't fit with the current/popular agenda.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Cops are black (I think/maybe mixed race just looking at the pics) and the victims (one maybe a suspect also) are white. Doesn't fit with the current/popular agenda.

I get that, but I don't understand the agenda. What is the point? Why is the news trying to make black people hate and fear the police? I think the police are doing a great job, but the news just focuses in on every bad instance regarding a black person, ignoring the bad instances regarding anyone else out of millions and millions of good instances of all races and kicks them in the teeth for it. What is the end game here? I guess this has nothing to do with the start of this thread, it just pointed it out for me, and dang it I have a right to rant as well.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I hope I haven't been misunderstood, I'm trying to express my feelings that the large national media machine media is just about an enemy of the nation nowadays, and this just happens to be an example that spotlights it for me

You got it right! It's called orchestrated hypocrisy for political gain. The narrative is "Black Lives Matter", and the pre-ordained and pre-determined criminal nominee for the democrats has already uttered the words. They (the corrupt media), serve her election!

You don't keep them (blacks), on the farm (voting strictly democrat), by shedding tears for small white kids tragically shot by black cops when so many black kids are intentionally being hunted down and murdered by white cops. :doh:

And the saddest thing of all, is the amount of complete and utter morons that believe this^.

I truly believe left leaning news agencies are only still in business because traditional Americans are too lazy to change the channel.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I get that, but I don't understand the agenda. What is the point? Why is the news trying to make black people hate and fear the police? I think the police are doing a great job, but the news just focuses in on every bad instance regarding a black person, ignoring the bad instances regarding anyone else out of millions and millions of good instances of all races and kicks them in the teeth for it. What is the end game here? I guess this has nothing to do with the start of this thread, it just pointed it out for me, and dang it I have a right to rant as well.

It's part of the plan! It's not about police! It's about excusing a certain segment of this population that is so on the decline that they may be past saving; except for their votes. Look at the BS aimed at Trump from Hispanics. Look at how Harry Reid shot down that law that would mandate 5 years prison terms for deported "violent" felons that return to the US. If democrats can excuse it, it may be inclined to vote for them. If they can exploit it, they can control it. You are witnessing a culture change in America that has never been seen.

Really think about the phrase; "If you repeat a lie enough it becomes the truth!" Now apply that to all of your questions, social ills, excuse peddlers, etc.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Diversionary tactics. Designed to keep the populace occupied while everything else goes down the toilet.

To divert attention from something you need persons paying attention. I know people who haven't seen a newscast in years. Never read newspapers! Don't know who our US Senators and Representatives are. Any Supreme Court Justices. Who Joe Biden is.

There are others that have done these street interviews to show how stupid the average American is, but Bill O'Reilly has really stepped it up with his Water's World Series. It is absolutely scary! And they all vote!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Let it go. There is a student about to starve himself to death unless the university president is removed. Oh never mind they gave him the good news and a cheese burger. Tragedy averted. The white racist president caved the accusations which no one has heard. 7%

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom