Bare Shelves

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I went to a few gun stores in different places this past weekend just to see how bad things were. I also looked on line for a few items to check availability. All the shelves are bare. The staff standing around. Nothing to do, nothing to sell. I am in good shape for a while on ammo and components, and I have all the guns I want. I have to wonder how long this will go on, and hope that the local gun shops can survive until it is over.

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    My fear is that the industry will see how bare the shelves are and we will be seeing crazy prices from the source. If that does happen we will have to hold out even longer until they bring the prices back as close to normal as possible. I have a bad feeling this will last a very long time, maybe pass the summer

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    yup. It is indeed effecting my amount of time shooting/range time. I really hope shooting in general doesnt become an overly (more) expensive hobby than it already is.

zbaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yep, I have turned down invites to go shooting over and over again in the last few weeks just because I don't want to shoot the ammo that I do have. I can't replace it!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Honestly, I think things are about to improve. The price of ammo and guns on gumbroker is steadily falling, inventory is coming back sporadically, nothing has came of fienstein's bill, time is taking us further from sandy hook every day. The other great thing is that most of the items backordered, especially at high prices, will start to get cancelled as things calm down. Once the pendulum starts swinging back it will gain momentum quickly.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I had planned to do some training this year, but have had to put it off due to the ammo shortage and costs...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom