basic training graduation gift ideas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    so my little brother is graduating from basic training next week and I need a few gift ideas. the only thing I can come up with is a ka-bar. any suggestions?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    so my little brother is graduating from basic training next week and I need a few gift ideas. the only thing I can come up with is a ka-bar. any suggestions?

I'd buy a Becker BK16, before I bought a traditional KA-BAR. If he ever goes on tour, that Becker would be handy. A nice folder would be a good gift as well. Assuming you don't want to spend $100+ on the gift, I'd stick with a fixed blade. There are a ton of nice knives under $100 that would make a great, usable, gift.

Btw, Becker's (Becker Knife & Tool/BK&T) are made by KA-BAR.

Becker BK-16:

BK16Detail.png

Becker BK-15:

BK17_Detail.png

Last edited:

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    another question: of course I'll be carrying along the way and know that I can't in the facility but are they uber sensitive about pocket knives or multitools?

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I went to my sons graduation and visited him on base a few times and was never checked. I would secure any weapons in the trunk. When I went to his graduation at Fort Leonard Wood, all I did was show id and was waved through. When I went visit him at Joint Base Lewis/McCord, they were more strict. He had to come up to the visitor center and sign us in.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    I went to my sons graduation and visited him on base a few times and was never checked. I would secure any weapons in the trunk. When I went to his graduation at Fort Leonard Wood, all I did was show id and was waved through. When I went visit him at Joint Base Lewis/McCord, they were more strict. He had to come up to the visitor center and sign us in.

uh yeah, that's not happening...lol...I called the base because I read that some facilities allow you to check in firearms at the visitor control center and retrieve them as you leave; fort benning is not one of those facilities...I'm just going to leave it at the hotel while were on base...

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Good call. Don't try to get your firearm onto Fort Benning.

Best gifts were a steak dinner, MP3 player or multi tool (think leather man surge or the likes), or just a hug from a parent or sibling. Words couldn't describe the emotions felt walking up to Mom and Dad after graduation at Ft. Benning.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    A box of rubbers. Seriously, depending on what base he is going to they got stuff that spreads like wildfire. And some Oakley boots, most comfortable boots they make and so light.

Top Bottom