Baton Rouge area General Practitioners/Family Medicine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I'm looking to change Primary Care doctors and am looking for some input for who the BSers in the Baton Rouge are use. I know you can get on healthgrades and look up reviews, but I'm looking for anything else you can offer. How likely am I to get an appointment within a couple of days, would I be in the waiting room two hours for shot, does the doctor seem to know their stuff, etc...?

We live in Central so I'd be looking at the Baton Rouge/Central/Denham Springs area rather than WBR or Ascension.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I go to Dr Folgar (woman) in the new OLOL branch in Walker. She's a great Dr who takes the time to listen to you and genuinely cares about her patients. The office isn't too hard to get into either. I've referred several people to her and they love her. Worth checking out.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I go to Dr Folgar (woman) in the new OLOL branch in Walker. She's a great Dr who takes the time to listen to you and genuinely cares about her patients. The office isn't too hard to get into either. I've referred several people to her and they love her. Worth checking out.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep her in mind if I expand my search out to Walker.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    If you change your mind about WBR, I can HIGHLY recommend Brian Higgins of Westside Family Medicine. He has been my doc for years. The staff is great, he has an onside lab for the smaller things (basic blood work), on site xray, electronic prescription submission (it's ready by the time I get to the Wal Mart by the bridge....computerized records.

I have never had a problem getting seen the same day, even on busy days. They staff gets you fit in. If it's swamped I may wait half an hour once I arrive, but 9 times out of 10 it's only like 10 minutes.

He takes all insurances I know of.

A bonus...I think....is he is also a lawyer. He doesn't actually practice law, but he will double and triple check, is up to date on medical law, patient privacy, the ins and outs of insurance etc.

He's associated with the Baton Rouge General for Hospital purposes.

Top Bottom