Batteries

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ve been thinking about batteries lately. Specifically that I buy a lot of them and consume them. I try to keep *inventory* in sizes that I use or might use / give to a friend in need. But as we all know they run down and even get stale.

So, I have been looking at rechargeable stuff and solar methods to charge them. If / when we have another weather calamity or worse, power and batteries become problematic.

In the past we’ve had crazy things like having to run a generator continuously for more than a week exhausting my gas supply. But I couldn’t buy more because the stores were out, closed, unable to process sales, 100 deep lines, etc. (I know, I need to convert to gas or propane.)

Anybody have suggestions on battery sources, products, prices, etc.?

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    for kids stuff, remotes, flashlights, etc... i bought several 30 pack rechargeable aa, aaa from wish. shorter life than alkaline(no matter the mAh stated) but most have gone thru several dozen charge cycles and still work fine.

for quality, eneloop is pretty much tops. amazon basics is eneloop just rebranded and a bit cheaper. i keep a dozen of the basics set aside for cameras and my personal lights.

Top Bottom