Bayou Bullets Testing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paladin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Kenosha, WI
    Chronograph results from 12-09-2011

Temperature 27 degrees – sunny and bright – Bristol Range, Bristol WI – Outdoors – 2:55 PM
    Bullets = Bayou Bullet 147 grain cast lead flat point, coated – 9mm
    Brass = mixed range brass -- Primers = Federal Match Small Pistol MFG PART #100M
    Chronograph = Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital Chronograph #CE13800
    All powder was measured out using the Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge Powder Scale and Dispenser

I did 3 loads (5 rounds each) using different amounts of Hodgdon HS-6 then averaged the results -

4.40 grains = velocity reading of 843 -- USPSA Power Factor of 124
    4.60 grains = velocity reading of 859 -- USPSA Power Factor of 126
    4.80 grains = velocity reading of 909 -- USPSA Power Factor of 133

I ALSO TESTED 10 MORE ROUNDS WITH A DIFFERRENT POWDER. I did 2 loads (5 rounds each) using different amounts of Clays Universal then averaged the results –

3.00 grains = velocity reading of 827 -- USPSA Power Factor of 122
    3.50 grains = velocity reading of 934 -- USPSA Power Factor of 137

I shoot in an indoor league on Tuesday nights. Last time I was shooting Missouri Bullets 147 cast lead with a lubricating ring and
    Hogdon HS-6. The guy next to me asked if I was shooting “black powder”. He was joking of course, but his point was a good one.
    Good Lord that combination smoked up the whole range. Donnie claims his are “Smokeless” and I can truly say he is not exaggerating. Wow, what an improvement. I have a couple hundred of the Missouri Bullets already made up…but I will save them for shooting outdoors. I am sure my fellow Tuesday night shooters will appreciate it.

End result? I love my green bullets!

Top Bottom