Bayoushooter Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah I got to read that today when I was sent a warning earlier and invited to go start my own forum if I didn't like it.

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

Rule 9: Do not publicly dispute Moderation decisions

Do not post on the forums questioning moderation decisions or the integrity of the moderators. Questions about moderation decisions can be addressed via the Private Messaging system. Be respectful of the moderators, both in the forums and in any private communications you have with them.

Whit, he wasn't questioning anyone's decision. He was asking if posts were deleted. Questioning a decision would be asking why are they deleting posts, not asking if posts have been deleted. He isn't disputing anything, he is asking if something happened. For the record, I'm not questioning anything either, I'm explaining how the rules work. I wrote them, so I think I understand them pretty well.

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Rules are rules, man.

It's only a matter of time until I say something to one of you to get me banished. From some of your post; I really can't stand you anyway. So I'll stop posting in any thread you participate in. Please be an adult about this and don't delete it. Let others have their own opinions!!!! Im out of it.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Whit, he wasn't questioning anyone's decision. He was asking if posts were deleted. Questioning a decision would be asking why are they deleting posts, not asking if posts have been deleted. He isn't disputing anything, he is asking if something happened. For the record, I'm not questioning anything either, I'm explaining how the rules work. I wrote them, so I think I understand them pretty well.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.
    I wasn't saying he was violating Rule 9.
    I was saying that the reason for the deleted posts was violation of Rule 9.
    (As well as Rule 3 and possibly Rule 5)
    The OP's question was answered in post 3 and 4.

olivs260

Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    It's only a matter of time until I say something to one of you to get me banished. From some of your post; I really can't stand you anyway. So I'll stop posting in any thread you participate in. Please be an adult about this and don't delete it. Let others have their own opinions!!!! Im out of it.

Don't hold anything back, man. We're all free to speak our minds here. We just have to do it in a respectful way that doesn't hurt the integrity of the forum. Those of us who are running things behind the scenes truly do care about this community and we do a lot to keep it from becoming as rancid as it has been in the past. Lots of people seem to get personally offended when we have to give them warnings or infractions, or delete their posts. I'll say it right here that none of that stuff is personal. We're just here to enforce the rules, and sometimes that means hurting somebody's feelings. I'll admit that I could do a better job at being cordial sometimes.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's shocking to me that the mod staff and admins have so little confidence in their decisions that they will not allow respectful discussion of those decisions. Editing peoples words, deleting post that break no rules other than the ones making dissent outlaw, and locking threads to silence people is repugnant. Honestly what do you all think your accomplishing? Look around it's not making the place any better or increasing membership/viewership.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's shocking to me that the mod staff and admins have so little confidence in their decisions that they will not allow respectful discussion of those decisions. Editing peoples words, deleting post that break no rules other than the ones making dissent outlaw, and locking threads to silence people is repugnant. Honestly what do you all think your accomplishing? Look around it's not making the place any better or increasing membership/viewership.

:mamoru: This is exactly how power hungry politicians start out.

"Mr. Pretender, those Tea Party people are really making your policies and your decisions look bad!"
    "Oh yeah!?! I'll fix that! Have them investigated by the IRS! That will shut them up"

I agree with main idea of this post BTW.

Top Bottom