Bayoushooter swap meet...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    We could trade each other or buy/sell individually. OR we could post what we're selling/swapping ahead of time and just complete the transactions all at once. Then sit down for dinner... It'd have to be a VERY firearms friendly restaurant so we can bring the guns in. It would be more of a true swap/meet than a private mini-gunshow with tables and dealers.

I like the sound of that. We could have a thread ahead of time where everyone takes a few pictures of their items laid out and then interested parties can contact that person ahead of time to arrange a trade or sale. I'm sure a lot of us have accumulated miscellaneous parts over the years that really aren't worth listing separately but being able to trade them off at a group meet would be great.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    lol, if we do a trunk-or-treat, I'd like to see chamber flags. Otherwise we got tailgates with pistols and rifles pointed every which way and people finger banging and... yea, sorry, call me a safety nazi if you want, but unlike a shooting range, there is no "safe direction" in a parking lot, and leaving them cased is often hard to do when someone wants to look it over before buying.

I like the idea though, I'd be down for something within an hour or so of Laffy.

LArifleMAN

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 7, 2006
    Cut Off, LA
    lol, if we do a trunk-or-treat, I'd like to see chamber flags. Otherwise we got tailgates with pistols and rifles pointed every which way and people finger banging and... yea, sorry, call me a safety nazi if you want, but unlike a shooting range, there is no "safe direction" in a parking lot, and leaving them cased is often hard to do when someone wants to look it over before buying.

I like the idea though, I'd be down for something within an hour or so of Laffy.

Probably a good idea, but not everyone keeps chamber flags handy.

I'm totally down for this BTW, I got a bunch of milsurps that need new homes.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Probably a good idea, but not everyone keeps chamber flags handy.

I'm totally down for this BTW, I got a bunch of milsurps that need new homes.

I'll bring all the ones I got. Can't remember where I got them. Some store had a cheap bag of them and I figured "Might come in handy" - hooray for foresight.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I also like the idea of meeting over dinner. We could always cater something and still have the tables set up for people to lay their stuff out and trade. Could be as simple as burgers and people could eat whenever they felt like it. I don't see any restaurant letting us bring in loads of weapons and accessories.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Maybe just leave the firearms inside the cabin of the vehicle and not laying out for all to see.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    How about Sherburne ? I for one would like to test fire a new addition, Someone could bring a pit as well...

PonchatoulaJay

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    ponchatoula,LA
    I would be very interested in coming if my work schedule permits me to. I wont be getting a table but will bring some stuff to trade or sell and meet some of you face to face.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Sounds good to me too! As long as it's no farther that a couple hours from Thibodaux and not at a time when I'm on call.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom