Beautiful labs to a good home

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I hate to do it, but I have to let my babies go. :wtc: I'm getting a bigger house, but it has almost no yard. One is a pure-bred chocolate and the other (his mom) is a pure-bred black. No papers, though. The female (Friday-black) is about 5 years old and the male (Rollo-choco) is about 4. They've had their shots and are great dogs. Rollo has elbow dysplasia (common in labs) but it doesn't stop him. He is a fiend for his ball and it never leaves his side and easily outruns Friday. Friday is stressed due to the wife's dog always trying to get on her, but she's going to be fixed and that will cure it (she loosing hair on her rump and the vet said it's from stress). If you don't want her fixed and wanted to breed her, I won't get her fixed and without a yorkie trying to be on her 24/7 the hair loss will stop (she's not bald, but has lost hair). They MUST go as a pair. They are best buddies and great family dogs. Rollo is about 75-80 lbs and Friday is about 65lbs. Again, I hate to see them go but no yard for a lab is just wrong. Please be a responsible adult with some room for them to get out and run. They are over their destructive phase so no worry there. They are good with hand commands (sit, stay, lay) when they are not bounding after a ball! Here's some pictures:

dogs1.jpg

dogs3.jpg

dogs5.jpg

I'm in Slidell, the dogs are free of charge but MUST go to a good home and can't be separated, I can be contacted here or via e-mail at pjm [at] themicelis.com. Thanks.

Last edited:

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    beautiful dogs, I want a lab but because of my small yard I can't justify it so I got a Min Pin instead.... I'm currently dog sitting a friend's lab and he's getting a little stir crazy, guess we'll go for a walk later today

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Awww...wish I could help, but I just got a new pup. Best of luck finding a home for them...I hate to give up dogs. You can always do a 30 min daily walk & fetch session with them or teach someone in the family to do this, if you haven't already. It does help a lot with the stress levels in dogs. Again, best of luck...

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    I just sent one of the pics to my wife. She is a veterinary technician and I'll have her see if any of her co-workers would like to have them. I would love to take them, but we have 2 dogs and a cat already.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    How do they behave around other dogs? I have land, and have been wanting a dog. My yard isn't fenced all the way, but surrounded by woods on 3 sides. The neighbor has a dog that's loose, but is a complete sweetheart and comes to hang out with me all the time.

They inside dogs or outside dogs?

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    They are fine with other dogs. We have 2 other dogs and my family brings their dogs over all the time. They have been mainly outside dogs (75% out 25% outside) but they'd love to be full time inside...lol

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Lemme think about it for a day or two. I'm very interested in them. I might want to come out and meet them first though...that way I don't get more than I can handle.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Hey, they're labs, they don't need yard. You're on a lake! They love to swim, just give them a ramp.
    You're going to choose to keep a dog the size of a guniea pig over a lab?

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    That lake isn't mine, it's Oak Harbor Golf Club's. We debated to get a house on the water or a house on the golf course. The house on the golf course won out over the one on the lake. It's just too damn nice. I couldn't predicate my buying a house on having dogs now. They would be gone one day anyway. Like I said, I hate giving them up, but such is life. Hard choice to make, but there's no miracle third option :(

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Try contacting the Animal Assistance League here in Slidell, the guys at the Slidell Animal Control can surely put you in touch with them, and they may know someone who will take them to a good home.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    So are you still looking for a home for these guys? PM if so and I'll contact a friend who might be interested (recently retired, previous Lab owner, yard and plenty of free time).
    Thanks,
    paul

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom