Because you should be aware of a hidden feature in Obama care.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I thought you might find this . . .” interesting” !
    When does your home become part of your health care ?
    After - the 2012 election !
    Your vote counts big time in 2012, make sure you and
    all your friends and family know about this!
    The National Association of Realtors is all over this and working to get it repealed, -- before it takes effect. But, I am very pleased we aren’t the only ones who know about this ploy to steal billions from unsuspecting homeowners.
    How many Realtors do you think will vote Democratic in 2012?
    Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That’s $3,800 on a $100,000 home, etc.
    When did this happen ? . . . It’s in the ObamaCare bill -- and it goes into effect in 2013.
    Why 2013 . . . ? ? ? Could it be . . . so that it doesn't come to light until after the 2012 elections?
    So, this is ‘change you can believe in’ ? ? ?
    Under the new ObamaCare bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% sales tax.
    If you sell a $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax.
    This bill is set to screw the retiring generation, -- who often downsize their homes.

Does this make your November, 2012 vote . . . more important ?
    IT SHOULD ! ! !

Oh . . . you weren’t aware that this was in the ObamaCare bill ?
    Guess what; you aren’t alone!
    There are more than a few members of Congress that weren’t aware of it either.

You can check this out for yourself at:
    http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/obamacare-flatlines-obamacare-taxes-home

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    This isn't entirely true. The 3.8% tax doesn't apply to all home sales. Only to sales, over a certain amount of profit as investment income, and only applies to those individuals earning the specified salary of $200K+.

I'm not saying this is a fair tax, just saying it doesn't apply to home sales across the board.

ETA: Here is a link to a Snopes article explaining it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/realestate.asp

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    There is also that nagging "energy efficiency" thing to though.

Where you can't sell your home unless it meets certain criteria set down by the feds.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    No. Not at all. I think the government has plenty of programs that aren't working. If they need more money to operate effectively and provide services, they can start getting rid of things that don't work. They keep asking for more money, and questioning where it will come from. They have "X" amount of dollars already, they need to manage them better before asking for more.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    This isn't entirely true. The 3.8% tax doesn't apply to all home sales. Only to sales, over a certain amount of profit as investment income, and only applies to those individuals earning the specified salary of $200K+.

I'm not saying this is a fair tax, just saying it doesn't apply to home sales across the board.

ETA: Here is a link to a Snopes article explaining it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/realestate.asp

Just as the AMT tax was supposed to tax millionaires in the 1960's. Now it affects working house holds. Funny how that works. A POX on Obama and the Democrats.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Am I the only one here who doesn't trust snopes ? Why should they have the final say about anything? just asking

Snopes is only as accurate as the sources they cite for their info...if the sources the list are questionable then so are their "findings "

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    I thought you might find this . . .” interesting” !
    When does your home become part of your health care ?
    After - the 2012 election !
    Your vote counts big time in 2012, make sure you and
    all your friends and family know about this!
    The National Association of Realtors is all over this and working to get it repealed, -- before it takes effect. But, I am very pleased we aren’t the only ones who know about this ploy to steal billions from unsuspecting homeowners.
    How many Realtors do you think will vote Democratic in 2012?
    Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That’s $3,800 on a $100,000 home, etc.
    When did this happen ? . . . It’s in the ObamaCare bill -- and it goes into effect in 2013.
    Why 2013 . . . ? ? ? Could it be . . . so that it doesn't come to light until after the 2012 elections?
    So, this is ‘change you can believe in’ ? ? ?
    Under the new ObamaCare bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% sales tax.
    If you sell a $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax.
    This bill is set to screw the retiring generation, -- who often downsize their homes.

Does this make your November, 2012 vote . . . more important ?
    IT SHOULD ! ! !

Oh . . . you weren’t aware that this was in the ObamaCare bill ?
    Guess what; you aren’t alone!
    There are more than a few members of Congress that weren’t aware of it either.

You can check this out for yourself at:
    http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/obamacare-flatlines-obamacare-taxes-home

http://www.realtor.org/small_business_health_coverage.nsf/docfiles/government_affairs_invest_inc_tax_broch.pdf/$FILE/government_affairs_invest_inc_tax_broch.pdf. Gives some break downs and examples. Does say that for households with incomes 250k and above. Sucks for some of you.

http://www.realtor.org/small_business_health_coverage.nsf/docfiles/government_affairs_invest_inc_tax_broch.pdf/$FILE/government_affairs_invest_inc_tax_broch.pdf.

Doesn't want to hyperlink

Last edited:
    Top Bottom