Being a good samaritan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    260xStory.jpg

Suspect apprehended in Texas case:
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7294893.html

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I'm not saying I would or would not intervene if the situation presented itself but you can rest assure that if I was in a place where I *might* get shot doing it I will be doing it with my weapon drawn.

And if I can't see continuious empty hands I am in a might get shot situation...

In God we trust....everybody else show me your hands...

I'm not a cop, I can understand the seeing hands thing tho...

Again ...so sorry for the GG

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The extended interview
    Hero talks about getting shot saving mom-to-be

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The man who was shot while saving a pregnant woman from being robbed at gunpoint spoke publicly for the first time Friday and while he is still on the mend, he said he is ready to get back out there for more acts of kindness, regardless the magnitude.

Things now seem more precious than ever to Charlie Cangelosi. The 23-year-old said the shooting has opened his eyes to things he would have never seen before. With this second chance at life, things like eating, breathing and even family time mean so much more now.

"It's been a positive thing for me, my family, for the community," Cangelosi said. "Only person I believe this is a negative for is the person who committed this crime."

As he remembered Nov. 6, Cangelosi said he has no regrets and if given the opportunity, he would not change anything about that night, even if that means getting shot again. He added he forgives the man who shot him.

"I do, I do. It's hard, but you have to. It only brings comfort to me forgiving him for what he's done," he stated.

For his maturity and willingness to help everyone and anyone regardless the consequence, many have called this college junior a hero. He humbly disagrees. However, the woman he saved may have a different opinion.

As a matter of fact, Cangelosi believes the real hero that night was his friend who was with him and pushed down on the bullet hole to stop the blood flow until paramedics arrived.

"He pretty much saved my life. He took immediate action. I believe if he wouldn't have done what he did, I wouldn't be here telling you his story," Cangelosi explained.

Cangelosi was shot at point-blank range in the hours after LSU beat Alabama. He was in the Tigerland neighborhood with friends.

"I heard a female. She, all of a sudden, started screaming for help so I took off running towards that area. It was an instant reaction. Heard someone hollering for help. Didn't know what the situation was," he recalled.

The bullet went through Cangelosi's thumb before lodging itself in a muscle in his back. Doctors hope to remove the bullet eventually. During his two weeks in the hospital, the "Good Samaritan" had well wishes from across the world, blood donors from everywhere and even visitors like District Attorney Hillar Moore and LSU head coach Les Miles gifting him an autographed football.

"I need to thank Les Miles for personally coming out there, the DA, I need to thank him personally," Cangelosi added.

Just as he helped save a life, he's now hoping the people of Baton Rouge will do the same. Our Lady of the Lake was able save Cangelosi's life through its blood supply, but now that supply needs to be replenished.

"I believe I went through two cycles of blood. I lost my blood twice during the surgery, I believe, and I'd like to replenish what I've used," he commented.

Those who want to help can do so by donating blood Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at U-High on LSU's campus.
    http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13615012

:)

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Hope he is ok, but we need more people like him doing the right thing.

I will pray for him.

Bill

When we first got our CHL's, we were determined to not get into others' troubles.

Soon later, a young mother jogging in my daughter's Dallas neighborhood was kidnapped in full public view and has never been heard from.

When the police went to investigate, they found many witnesses who saw the physical struggle in the middle of a residential street, but didn't intervene because they presumed it was a "domestic dispute".

It could easily have been my beautiful, ex-homecoming queen, fraternity sweetheart, daughter.

That really made me think.

We all must decide things like this on the spot and pray that we do the correct thing.

If the assailant is visibly armed, there is a big risk. Maybe your line should read "doing the right thing....with a bunch of lead."

What kind of idiot pulls an armed robbery on a college girl? Most college girls I have known were broke. Even the ones from wealthy families never carry much money on them.

Now, these creeps have her ID's and KNOW WHERE SHE LIVES.

Yes, what the hell is going on in once safe & sleepy Baton Rouge? Why did their mayor, Kip-the-Idiot, get re-elected, anyway?

leVieux

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The country needs more men like Charlie Cangelosi. Of course he could have handled it differently- but he did ACT.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Why wasn't he and his friend armed? Why wasn't the woman who was being robbed armed and not pulling her own gun and shooting the gold toothed, hoodie wearing homey? This is America. This is Louisiana. For goodness sake people, Gun the F**K Up.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    It sounds like BRPD has a good description to go on now. BM gold teeth, hoodie. Now they just need to start questioning anyone they meet that matches that description!

Top Bottom