Berry's bullets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joshlala

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Has anyone ever used berry's preferred plated bullets (.308) for target rounds? I see that the velocity has to be pretty low so I was considering using these as a target round just to play around with. Would a load this low be okay to use for just playing around at the range at 100 yards?
    I don't particularly care about match accuracy, I was mainly looking at these bullets as a cheap round to be used in recreational shooting.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I'm not sure how it is for rifle rounds, but in terms of pistol, you're saving so little going plated over jacketed that it usually doesn't justify it, IM(and several others)O. Check into it and see for yourself-- you may well be able to go to something useful for more than just "100 yard plinking", and not spend much more cash.

I can say for sure that plated projectiles can be a PITA in the picky department. Some like to be treated more like lead, some more like jacketed-- some both, depending on the circumstances (powder charge, crimp, bell, etc.)!

Joshlala

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not too sure. They have 1000 plated bullets (.308) for about $135. Cheapest I have found bullets online was about $120 for 500 bullets (Remington core lokt .308).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom