Bersa Thunder 380

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I couldn't pass it up. Found someone selling one of these for $195...it's only 3 months old. These usually sell for around $300,more or less. Bought it,fired it and loved it. Who cares it's a 380,it's sweet little gun that kinda looks like a Walther but more accurate. Read up on it later and found out that it is one of the more reliable 380 guns out there. Got real high marks from alot of SHOOTERS...not owners. Anyway,this gun rocks for what it is and very concealable. I'll keep it as a bug and not shoot it much cuz I only have about 450 rounds of 380 ammo...u know how hard it is to find this stuff. I think the LCP might go on the auction block..or I'll give it to my wife..I don't know yet. Regardless,it was a good deal and a good gun.

WiLieR

I R Nooble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Madison, MS
    They are excellent handguns. My wife has had one for over three years now and has put many many rounds through it with no problems at all. I picked up a few boxes of the new Hornady personal defense loads and she can't wait till we have time for her to test them out.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    I have the same one and a standard blue, both are great. I sold a third one to BS member. I started to look at the bersa in 40 S&W and like the price at $350.00.

They have great warranty I buy them and send them right to Reynerson he is the factory service shop in Louisiana. He makes these guns even smoother than factory and free.

Reynerson's Gunsmith Svc Inc (Reynerson's Gunsmith Service Inc* )
    10044 Hooper Rd # A
    Baton Rouge, LA 70818-4607 (Baton Rouge, LA Metro Area)

Phone: (225) 261-4860

Great website.

http://www.bersapistols.com

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    My wife and best friend both have one. They are great. One thing. Both of them had issues with the screw that holds the grips. they seem to back out. Put some locktite on the screw and the problem is resolved.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Critical Defense ammo is suppost to be good stuff for 380 http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=786

critical_defense_mushrooms.jpg

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I carry one almost everyday. It's a great little pistol and accurate as all get up. The Bersa is what I use when renewing my CHP like when I took NOLATACs class last month. I recommmend it highly.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I find that this Bersa makes a great summer carry. Typically,I carry my SP101.357,but with light summer clothes it can get cumbersome. Bersa fits perfect with light clothing and when ol man winter sets in...out comes the Ruger. BTW...it's accurate like a S.O.B.!

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I've had one for a few years. Accurate, concealable, reliable. I have carried it since I got my CCW. I only have 2 complaints. 1. The recoil is uncomfortable for me to shoot very much. It's not that there is excessive recoil, It just seems to "shock" my hand quite a bit more than any of the other pistols I own and hurt the joints in my fingers and hand after only 3-4 magazines. 2. When carrying IWB I have to clean the developing rust from the weapon every evening.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    .380 recoil tends to mimic .45 recoil. The recoil is "snappy" and robust. It kinda feels like someone trying to jerk the gun from your hands and your still holding on. Unlike .357 or .40 cal.,which feels more like someone slamming you wrists with a sledge hammer,.380 and .45 for me feels better. I do,however,don't mind .357 recoil much better than .40 cal. As far as daily rusting...not a problem. Maybe you have a different chemical make up in your sweat? It's possible.

S

Spankydxm

^^agreed

I own a 1911A1 and I bought my GF a Bursa Thunder 380 and my gun and hers have the same kick. She doesnt like mine because of the weight.

But have you noticed how hard it is to find bullets for the 380?
    I had to goto the gun show this weekend and buy 4 boxes for her

firesafety3

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Gonzales, Louisiana
    The Bersa Thunder is my "with me" gun. Always in the truck, in the golf bag, in the glove compartment of my boat, in my overnight bag...

My concealed stays on me but the Bersa is always around.

I have to clean it often. Cracklin crumbs from the Best Stop when I'm driving, sand from my boat, lint from the golf towel I cover it with when I leave my truck.

Never had an issue with it.

Top Bottom