Best option for land levelling?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Hi all. My wife and I have just recently purchased a brand new mobile home and a block of land to put it on. Seeing as the land used to be an old sugarcane field, needless to say it's extremely uneven. I was just wondering if anyone on here would happen to know the best (and cheapest) way to level the ground? Our lot is just over a 1/2 acre. Would simply tilling and levelling suffice? Or would we need someone with a tractor and box blade? Any help is greatly appreciated.

LouisianaGunny

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Tilling will help you get it level, but you have to compact it in some way. Otherwise when you set the blocks for the trailer to sit on, they will eventually compact on could end up uneven.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I don't know what kind of time frame you have to deal with. Bringing in dirt to build a pad and leveling/sloping the yard is the way to go. The longer the pad can setup before you bring in the mobile home the better. You do not want water settling underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pullstart

Lastof6
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    Metairie, La
    After tilling with a tractor, drag a railroad rail or a heavy gauge steel tubing. This method works extremely well to level. After a good rain and the ground drys out, drag a section of chain link fence that is uniformly loaded down.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Thanks for all the info everyone. I should've added in the first post that we already have the dirt pad down and our house was moved onto the property yesterday. I'm not in any rush to get it done, as we still have to wait for water, electricity and septic tank to be put in and installed. Just trying to get a good idea of what will be the best way to tackle levelling the rest of the property when we're ready.

Top Bottom