Best place to buy a rifle in Lafayette.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I am looking to buy a Browning A-Bolt w/ boss. Where would be the best place to purchase this rifle in the Lafayette area.

Also I am looking at 7mm mag, 7mm WMS or 300 WMS. Any suggestions on this? My dad has this rifle in 7mm mag and only one deer has ever ran after it was shot.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I had a 7mm mag and loved it. Shot MOA or better and was a hell of a hog slayer. I'd stay away from Lafayette Shooters. Most things are overpriced and they've managed to convince me that I'm invisible because everytime I go in and ask for something they ignore me.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    Check out Buckfins and bows or Acadian outfitters. If they cant help you my buddy has a gun shop in Jeanerette and has real good prices.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Buck, Fins and Feathers is GTG and Acadiana Outfitters (on Hwy 90 between Lafayette and Jeanerette) is a master Browning Dealer with great prices - like Grits said. They mount and zero your scope for free. I got my son's A-bolt there and saved around
    $150+. Alexander's in Jeanerette is also GTG but may take a while to get your gun in.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I agree. I bought my rifle from Buckfin. I hear good things about Dave's if he has it in stock. Either way, I try to support local first and hit up the Internet if prices are more than 50 bucks cheaper OTD.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Buck, Fins and Feathers is GTG and Acadiana Outfitters (on Hwy 90 between Lafayette and Jeanerette) is a master Browning Dealer with great prices - like Grits said. They mount and zero your scope for free. I got my son's A-bolt there and saved around
    $150+. Alexander's in Jeanerette is also GTG but may take a while to get your gun in.

Zeroing is no problem. My dad is the guy who all the people on our hunting list go to zero their rifles. I also have a swarvoski and leupold to choose from so I wont be needing a scope. I will have to check out Acadian outfitters and buckfins and feathers. Thanks!

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Buck, Fins and Feathers is GTG and Acadiana Outfitters (on Hwy 90 between Lafayette and Jeanerette)

This.

I haven't purchased a new firearm since BF&F opened :( but I like the guys working there, so when time comes again, I'll be paying them a visit.

Acadiana Outfitters is a nice place. They don't have a big selection in stock, but their willingness to help more than makes up for it. My last two firearms came from them. One was a transfer that was done without me getting "the evil eye". The other, I found what I thought was a good deal but needed a transfer. I went over to do the paperwork in advance and casually mentioned what I wanted to get. Guy got on his computer and gave me a quote right then and there for the rifle that was better than the "deal" I'd found. They had to order it, but I was expecting a transfer anyway...

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Every time I visit Shooters, I dress down as much as I can...shorts, work shirt, my oldest sneakers etc...

No one bothers me while I"m looking around :D

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I get the feeling I am being watched every time I go in Snooters. Especially if I don't buy anything.

I also agree that the employees behind the gun counter are very rude to ignore people so much. They have lost my business more than once because they made eye contact with me and then turned the other way. I only go there if I absolutely have to.

jreynolds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    If you happen to stop at Shooters to look at a rifle, ask for Joe or Chris. You will be more than pleased and probably overwhelmed at the knowledge they have.

desert storm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Lafayette
    I had a 7mm mag and loved it. Shot MOA or better and was a hell of a hog slayer. I'd stay away from Lafayette Shooters. Most things are overpriced and they've managed to convince me that I'm invisible because everytime I go in and ask for something they ignore me.

I had this same experience also. It could have been the way I was dressed because I was still in work attire and was a little untidy. I ended up getting my rifle from Academy.

Top Bottom