Best place to store home defense weapons...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I think that small pistol one above is the exact safe they use as a demo at the Toool conferences. The bigger safes posted above might not have the same weakness but it looks like they do have a very **** poor wafer lock. Basically you slip a paper lip into the safe and pull on the electronic actuator inside to open it.

damnit, youtube...

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah the scary thing about these types of attacks is they can be done surreptitiously meaning someone can get in and out without you ever knowing. Your kid could figure this out and be playing with your gun when you are at work and you would never know. The more you read and learn about lock security the more you start to see huge vulnerabilities all over the place. One big studio I work at has nice locks and doors but I could easily slip a wire between the doors and pull on the inside exit handle to get inside in seconds.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    SVT, since it is well known that you are a cop hater :p on here, you obviously wouldn't believe anything that was mentioned by a LEO. So, with that; and for all the others that will need time to retrieve your firearms via boxes, safes, trap doors, and flower boxes; get an alarm system (many are extremely cheap and easy to install yourself), some are self contained; for alerting inside the home only if necessary, on all the contact points of possible entry.

If all you have between you is a door or window that could be breached silently, you have lost your most tactical advantage; early detection of a possible intruder. And chances are, the alert will send the intruder running and you won't have to engage anyway. Which is the best outcome after all!

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    SVT, since it is well known that you are a cop hater :p on here, you obviously wouldn't believe anything that was mentioned by a LEO. So, with that; and for all the others that will need time to retrieve your firearms via boxes, safes, trap doors, and flower boxes; get an alarm system (many are extremely cheap and easy to install yourself), some are self contained; for alerting inside the home only if necessary, on all the contact points of possible entry.

If all you have between you is a door or window that could be breached silently, you have lost your most tactical advantage; early detection of a possible intruder. And chances are, the alert will send the intruder running and you won't have to engage anyway. Which is the best outcome after all!

haha

I do have an alarm as well :hi5:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    haha

I do have an alarm as well :hi5:

Then here is my reply; as fellow member JR: Then why are you posting this? :D

Seriously though, if you have kids too young to understand a methodical education of "Never, ever, never, touch daddy's gun", then you have to put it out of reach until they do.

I, like many others here I'm sure, bring my weapon to bed every night. Same routine EVERY night. Last thing I do before getting in bed! If your home defense weapon is a long gun, retrieve it from the safe place EVERY night before bed.

I know this is going to hurt, since Leadfoot is a cop defender; but his idea is sound. Put it out of reach of your turds but easily accessible for you. Then when you wake up; guess what? Another routine!

:cool:

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    A gun in every closet..remember the thread from a few weeks ago about the home invaders that forced the homeowner into his closet. Unfortunately for them it was the closet where he keeps his loaded firearms.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Then here is my reply; as fellow member JR: Then why are you posting this? :D

I guess I was just curious of other's thoughts on the matter.

Seriously though, if you have kids too young to understand a methodical education of "Never, ever, never, touch daddy's gun", then you have to put it out of reach until they do.

I, like many others here I'm sure, bring my weapon to bed every night. Same routine EVERY night. Last thing I do before getting in bed! If your home defense weapon is a long gun, retrieve it from the safe place EVERY night before bed.

ok thx

I know this is going to hurt, since Leadfoot is a cop defender;

I don't understand why people think just that since someone is on different sides of an issue, that you can't accept their advice on a completely unrelated matter...I guess a lot of people here hold grudges :dunno:

but his idea is sound. Put it out of reach of your turds but easily accessible for you. Then when you wake up; guess what? Another routine!

:cool:[/QUOTE]

I agree

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I use these for our bedroom. I back that up with education and more education and oh yeah, even more education. They aren't to protect my daughter from firearms. They are there to protect any friends she has that come visit.

31UvOK6LTfL._SX385_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/HOMAK-WS00017...UTF8&qid=1370482392&sr=8-1&keywords=wall+safe

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm 55 years old. I grew up in a house full of guns. My dad was a collector. At a very early age we were taught to shoot. Guns were not to be played with. I shot so much there was nothing to be curious about. That was the 60's. forward to today. Raised my son the same way. Only I kept a 1911 next to the bed. Full mag no rounds in the chamber. No small child could rack the slide and chamber a round. Maybe not the best scenario, but worked for me. Good luck.

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    This is what I have, bolted to the walls in the corner of my bedroom. Holds an AR-15 and two handguns. Probably won't stop an experienced thief, just slow them down, but thwarts the efforts of little, inquisitive hands. Plus, it's all the firepower I will need at five seconds notice. I recommend checking it out. I ordered mine from CostCo, on sale with free shipping and well under MSRP.

http://www.sentrysafe.com/HDC/Home_Defense_Center

Top Bottom