Best place to store home defense weapons...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    This is what I have, bolted to the walls in the corner of my bedroom. Holds an AR-15 and two handguns. Probably won't stop an experienced thief, just slow them down, but thwarts the efforts of little, inquisitive hands. Plus, it's all the firepower I will need at five seconds notice. I recommend checking it out. I ordered mine from CostCo, on sale with free shipping and well under MSRP.

http://www.sentrysafe.com/HDC/Home_Defense_Center

home_defense_center_hdc11e-tfb.jpg

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    How about you keep a pistol in a good holster 24/7. When you are awake it's on you. It only comes off your body when you are ready to go to sleep and even then it's within arms reach. A lock on your bedroom door will prevent the kids from sneaking in and taking it when you are sleeping. Longer guns should be secured in a safe room under lock and key. I recommend high security Abloy locks since any smart kid can figure out how to pick any lock at Home Depot in ten minutes of YouTube videos.

I have a cousin that works in law enforcement. About 20 years ago he came home from a shift at about noon and put his revolver on the night stand in a holster and went to sleep. His then 5 yr old son came in, took it out the holster, and triggered a round into his ribs. He lived but damn it was close...

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    All hail the mods! Thank you for protecting us from our minuscule attention spans!

But thanks for saying please. :D

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    So now that I had time to watch the (long but excellent) video... It would seem the easiest solution to this would be to buy one of the quick touch safes and disable the key lock? Fill the keyhole in with epoxy? Or screw a piece of sheet metal over the key hole using the most unusual screws you can find (star head, torx, etc... )?

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    shotgun-lock-thumb-300x300-36883.jpg

Something like that? I have absolutely no knowledge or experience with them, but may fit your needs.

http://www.costco.com/newurl.product.11609953.html

Got one mounted under my bed...works well...870 is loaded to the gill with one in the chamber...I can lean over and unlock by reaching under the bed. I practice the code just about every night after I put this stupid iPad down from reading my forums:D

My second will be the nightstand Pistol in either a gunvault or similar...I find it hard to leave a gun to out in the open...kid just shot his friend in lake Arthur playing with daddy's .22 pistol....

Top Bottom