Best scope for around 200

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saxy415

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Denham Springs, la
    Hey guys, I just got my dpms lr308 in today, and am in need of a scope. I want to keep it around the $200 range. I will be using this rifle for hunting, and some long range shooting. I doubt I will use it for anything over 300 yards. The main things I am looking for is a scope that will stay accurate and let a lot of light in. Any help that you guys could give would be great.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I heard good things about the bushnell elite 3200's as well. I went to Cabelas not too long ago and compared the Nikon Buckmaster, Elite3200, and Leupold VXII (all in a close price range) and the Buckmaster was by far the clearest of those 3, at least to me.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Thanks for the help. I have decided to go with the buckmaster. Now the question is, what mounts should I go with, any suggestions?

If you got an AR10 with a flattop, you only need a set of High or Xtra high rings to start with, and if you wish to, you can get one of those fancy LaRue QD mounts in the future.

I personally like the Millet Angle-loc, windage adjustable rings, and they can be found at lots of places. Just make sure you get them tall enough so you can still "rack" the charging handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom