Best Thermal Night Vision for Rifle???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carl

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Lafayette
    Anyone have any experience/info on what is the best reasonably priced Thermal night vision for use on a Rifle? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    last i looked 8000 was minimum. with that being said the general consensus is thermal to locate, NVG to shoot.

Agree with this statement. You may want to look at a high quality NVG and a game finder. The game finders are inexpensive and work well. You can narrow down the area to look at with it.

This one even has an infraread laser with it. Build a mount for your weapon and attach it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aimshot-The...Game-Finder-hs3510c-Heat-Tracer-/230963910136

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Reasonably priced equals $3500 or less

You'll need double your budget to get any kind of decent, not-too-used thermal sighting system. For that price you're better off looking for a nice PVS-14 or a D-740. I highly suggest giving the guys at Tactical Night Vision Company (www.tnvc.com) a call and discuss what you're looking for with them.

fishbaja2

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Baton rouge
    +1 on pvs 14 mounted on picatiny rail in front of eotech. Lotsa fun and deadly on the piggies

Pm with any ? There are a few guys in the country that sell them and there is a big difference in tubes. Gen 3 and auto gated is what ya want and ask for pics of device shinning on white wall. Easy to do with camera

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I used this little handheld thermal scope all weekend on a night pig hunt. The image quality and resolution is pretty dismal but all you really need to be able to do when hunting pigs is see the white dots. You don't need movie quality Predator-vision. You can wear this around your neck on a cord, scan a field, and pick out the pigs instantly. I was even able to run a single NVG tube and this simultaneously so you have thermal in one eye and night vision in the other.

http://www.atncorp.com/atn-thermal-imaging-viewer-ots-x-f314-320x240-14mm-30hz

Top Bottom