Beware of deformed ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoatTrash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Pearl River, La
    I recently bought an S&W AR15, and after a trip to the local academy to get some ammo I grabbed a box of the American eagle brand 120rd 55gr ammo. Once home and loading my clip to go have some fun, about the third bullet I grabbed out of the little plastic ammo box the brass had a very deep crease in it from where the bullet was about three quarters of the way down.... I thought to myself if I hadn't had it turned that way and never felt it and some how loaded it in the clip it could have been rather dangerous to me or my gun. Just thought if any one else has bought this ammo make sure to check them carefully before loading. I'm not sure if it was a factory thing or maybe due from the loose shipping that they come in, but none of the others where deformed and have shot perfectly through my gun.i wish I had taken a picture before disposing of the round it wasn't pretty and hard to miss. Although if that got through quality control. Other smaller deformations may have gotten through also.... So always check each round... And happy shooting

BoatTrash

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Brass is in short supply, I'll take all the dented or creased ones you find, my mags and rifle could care less :-)

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    clip_mag_lesson.jpg
    :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member