Biden Closes Gun Show Loophole.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I'm wouldn't be surprised if some people who place ads on here would come under scrutiny based on the proposed rule.

No money for the transfer goes through the site. The site does not charge to place an ad. Although an account is needed, the accounts can be obtained for free. There's no way to imply the opposite. There's nothing they can provide to the contrary. The site makes no more or less money depending of if a sale occurs or doesn't occur or even if an ad is or isn't listed.
    Agree, I think the free bulletin board service type sites are ok.
    But I have to admit it would warm my heart and make me laugh hard if Gunbroker got shut down. That would be an epically wonderful day.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I'm wouldn't be surprised if some people who place ads on here would come under scrutiny based on the proposed rule.

No money for the transfer goes through the site. The site does not charge to place an ad. Although an account is needed, the accounts can be obtained for free. There's no way to imply the opposite. There's nothing they can provide to the contrary. The site makes no more or less money depending of if a sale occurs or doesn't occur or even if an ad is or isn't listed.
    Well like I said, Im not disagreeing, but the truth doesn't matter when the intent is to bury you in legal costs to run you into bankruptcy or in this case get the site shutdown or neutered.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    But also there’s this part: Evidence that a person placed ads online or reserved a table at a gun show shows that the person is intending to profit from the sale.
    Not necessarily, they might just want to get rid of a firearm they aren't going to use.
    That’s a direct quote, so I’m leaning towards they are making online listing illegal without a license

I cannot find that direct quote in the proposed rule.

proposed rule.png

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You asked a question and you've gotten an answer. If you feel like the answer didn't match the intent of your question, you are more than welcome to clarify your question.

1713246000987.gif

Does that mean no more gun listings in the Marketplace once this takes effect?
    This was my question. I thought it was pretty simple. Pretty direct. I guess if one really wanted to, they could go on all day about a bunch of nothing, but it’s really just a yes or no question. Should I have done the little yes/no boxes? Or made it multiple choice by adding one more box for “no idea”?
    It’s ok if you don’t know. We like surprises.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I see many of y’all discussing the new “rule” because it is not a law, those are passed by congress and this was not. Anyway, much of the discussion here leaves out this crucial detail: quote from the WH itself: “Evidence that a person placed ads online or reserved a table at a gun show shows that the person is intending to profit from the sale.”
    On a side note, the pistol brace “rule”…

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Lets say I have a beater AR-15 a PSA and in true Bayou Shooter form I'd like to get a 100%--150% return on said evil Black gun.
    I'd like to trade for chickens and maybe a rooster or two.
    Should I ask for young chickens?
    Older chickens?
    Or a mix of chickens?
    How many chickens in each scenario above?
    Keeping in mind I can probably trade chickens or eggs down the road for just about anything from
    trim-low to a gallon of gasoline?
    Which one is a better deal tax wise?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Does that mean no more gun listings in the Marketplace once this takes effect?
    This was my question. I thought it was pretty simple. Pretty direct. I guess if one really wanted to, they could go on all day about a bunch of nothing, but it’s really just a yes or no question. Should I have done the little yes/no boxes? Or made it multiple choice by adding one more box for “no idea”?
    It’s ok if you don’t know. We like surprises.

Taking your question literally, the answer must be "no idea." The site does not create the listings. The members do. The site has no way to know what the 29,000 members will decide to do if the rule takes effect.

Now that I've answered your direct question, you good? Or is there a different question you meant to ask?

IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    Agree, I think the free bulletin board service type sites are ok.
    But I have to admit it would warm my heart and make me laugh hard if Gunbroker got shut down. That would be an epically wonderful day.
    Now now, lets not get ugly about this. Lol GB is a wonderful thing. If you're going to go after GB then the next thing you'll have Amazon going after eBay. GB is a GREAT equalizer, in my opinion, to big box stores.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Taking your question literally, the answer must be "no idea." The site does not create the listings. The members do. The site has no way to know what the 29,000 members will decide to do if the rule takes effect.

Now that I've answered your direct question, you good? Or is there a different question you meant to ask?
    29,000 members? And yet only about 10 of us regularly participate in these entertaining discussions. JUMP IN, LURKERS! :dogkeke:

Roadhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2022
    Mickleville, Louisiana
    We all know that the end game is about control. A government afraid of its citizens is a government to be feared and not trusted.
    If this government was serious about protecting its citizens it would slam the door on Mexico and destroy the cartels. Drugs are a major problem and cause many murders on both sides of the border. Venezuela empties its jails just like Cuba did years ago. Stop the drugs then you can stop most of the gun violence. But then again, our government knows this.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Hey, it’s cool if you don’t know, but unless you’re truly the thickest person on this site, I think you’re just dodging my question, but it’s all good. I’ll just wait for it to come up again.
    The only reason I ask is because of the pistol brace deal that was and is no more. But again, if you don’t understand the question, what does it matter, right?

Top Bottom