Biden was wrong: We don't need double-barrel shotguns, all we need is scissors...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Sean Hanity's is having a field day with this story on his show tonight. He had this girl on there trying to defend the video and she said "it's not like you can keep your AR-15 in your desk drawer" to which he responded "no but I can keep my pistol in there"

Too bad for him since he is in New York he can only have seven bullets in the gun!

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    What kind of job has scissors in their desk drawer? Don't forget at today's management meeting we're making home made Valentine's cards.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    O'reilly is chompin at the bit right now.

For all you future CCS license holders remember... Don't run with scissors.

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Has anyone ever actually been able to find a pair a scissors when they needed them? I don't know about this person but I know when I drop my pair of scissors in my desk drawer they go directly to the bottom and all the way to the back. Sometimes they even move to a different drawer.

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    I heard Hannity today and watched the video. I figured the only way to fight absurdity is with absurdity so I wrote this letter. Opinions welcomed:

Department of Homeland Security
    Public Relations Division

January 31, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam:

On January 25th the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released a video entitled "Options for Consideration" detailing some "acceptable responses" to "active shooter situations."

Among these instructions including calling 911, evacuating the area, hiding someplace the shooter won't think to look and warning innocent bystanders, the narrator suggests trying to overpower the shooter with whatever means available and then displays scissors.

I am a brave, upstanding American. With my courage and fortitude I have every confidence I can take down an active shooter with an office utensil -- however I have several questions first to make certain I comply with all federal, state and local rule of law. I tried to contact DHS today with these questions but it appears the answers are as yet unavailable.

I would like to apply for my Assault Safety Scissors permit (hereinafter "ASS"). I would like the DHS to supply the appropriate reference materials so that I can determine what I can do with my ASS.

For example, if I am carrying my ASS on school property, but under cover of clothing, is my ASS considered "concealed" and thereby illegal in some restrictive cities or States? Should I leave my ASS hanging out, open to view at all times? Will this frighten some people? Are there carrying provisions? Can I get my ASS in a sling?

In many State and Federal Government agencies it is illegal to carry concealed items, however I do imagine there are more than enough ASSes there already -- but will those ASSes ever be functional on our behalf?

Is there a current ruling on how big my ASS can be? (particularly in New York?)

Are there specific defense models available? If so, where can I buy some ASS?

If I accidentally hit an innocent person with my ASS, am I guilty of assault?

DHS suggests that I dial 911 while trying to find my ASS -- but if I try to do both at once then I am unable to find my ASS with both hands... and I definitely can't find my ASS with both hands and a mirror.

Do I need a background check? Can I use someone else's ASS if need be? Right now my wife actually "owns" my ASS, but I can have temporary use with her permission.

Where do I register my ASS?

Frankly, I'm not sure that the Department has thought this through. While I have seen the Assault Safety Scissors in your video, I'm honestly not sure what your ASS is good for.

Sincerely,

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I heard Hannity today and watched the video. I figured the only way to fight absurdity is with absurdity so I wrote this letter. Opinions welcomed:

Department of Homeland Security
    Public Relations Division

January 31, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam:

On January 25th the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released a video entitled "Options for Consideration" detailing some "acceptable responses" to "active shooter situations."

Among these instructions including calling 911, evacuating the area, hiding someplace the shooter won't think to look and warning innocent bystanders, the narrator suggests trying to overpower the shooter with whatever means available and then displays scissors.

I am a brave, upstanding American. With my courage and fortitude I have every confidence I can take down an active shooter with an office utensil -- however I have several questions first to make certain I comply with all federal, state and local rule of law. I tried to contact DHS today with these questions but it appears the answers are as yet unavailable.

I would like to apply for my Assault Safety Scissors permit (hereinafter "ASS"). I would like the DHS to supply the appropriate reference materials so that I can determine what I can do with my ASS.

For example, if I am carrying my ASS on school property, but under cover of clothing, is my ASS considered "concealed" and thereby illegal in some restrictive cities or States? Should I leave my ASS hanging out, open to view at all times? Will this frighten some people? Are there carrying provisions? Can I get my ASS in a sling?

In many State and Federal Government agencies it is illegal to carry concealed items, however I do imagine there are more than enough ASSes there already -- but will those ASSes ever be functional on our behalf?

Is there a current ruling on how big my ASS can be? (particularly in New York?)

Are there specific defense models available? If so, where can I buy some ASS?

If I accidentally hit an innocent person with my ASS, am I guilty of assault?

DHS suggests that I dial 911 while trying to find my ASS -- but if I try to do both at once then I am unable to find my ASS with both hands... and I definitely can't find my ASS with both hands and a mirror.

Do I need a background check? Can I use someone else's ASS if need be? Right now my wife actually "owns" my ASS, but I can have temporary use with her permission.

Where do I register my ASS?

Frankly, I'm not sure that the Department has thought this through. While I have seen the Assault Safety Scissors in your video, I'm honestly not sure what your ASS is good for.

Sincerely,

I like it!

:bigok:

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You joke, but its already illegal in NY to carry scissors as a weapon concealed.

Carrying anything "as a weapon" concealed is illegal in NY.

They even arrested a painter for carrying a paint brush concealed. Yes, he he won the case, but he was still arrested and had to go to court over it.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    dont forget TSA's recommendations on how deadly nail clippers or shampoo can be. all fantastic options for the wayward sheep in a self defense scenario

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm at lsu right now in a class of around 500 and I bet around a fifth have scissors...does that mean they are prepared...or just that they might be able to win a game of Rock Paper Scissors 1/3 of the time?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    remember guys: since he won't have 50 rounds in his magazine you can brandish your scissors and stop the threat before he exchanges a magazine. :mamoru:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Brilliant letter!!!!!

You might want to submit a follow up question. "In light of your agency's recent bid request for AR type assault rifles 'suitable for personal defense,' may we expect a similar bid request to follow for some ASS to be issued as a backup PD weapon?

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    remember guys: since he won't have 50 rounds in his magazine you can brandish your scissors and stop the threat before he exchanges a magazine. :mamoru:

That is an excellent point -- I shall have to add sandals to my self-defense wardrobe so that my toes are visible. With an Obama cell-phone in one hand, my Assault Safety scissors in the other, I shall have no free appendages upon which to count. We know how us Southerners are construed to be unedjumacted.

dont forget TSA's recommendations on how deadly nail clippers or shampoo can be. all fantastic options for the wayward sheep in a self defense scenario

Agreed. I just was not aware of the plethora of defense items that the government has granted me. Coupled with a full Dasani water bottle and a Bic lighter and I might be considered "tactical".

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Recommend models include:

Assault Safety Scissors

41jKxTvnxJL.jpg

* Noted by a friend * there are only a few of these left and they are going like "P-Mags"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom