Black Friday rimfire match in Amite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We tossed it around and I think it is a done deal. While your wives are out spending your ammo money, come shoot for cheaper in Amite. We are planning a rimfire pistol match. Steel plates of assorted kinds to be shot up. Currently, the match is scheduled for 12:00pm at the TPSA range. Waiting to talk to Robert for the final time he decided on, but 12:00 will be the ballpark. Might not start at 12 depending on how many people show up to shoot/set up.

Just something fun to do on most everyones day off....if you're interested let us know. Got a handful already gonna be there so far....no rifles this time, just pistol for easier reset of the stages...

Will post more info after I talk to Robert and plans are finalized...

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    This does sound like fun.

If it works out, how about considering offering something like this as a side match sometime after the Saturday IDPA match for those of us who travel far and need to get the most shooting possible for our gas $$ investment. :D

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Are 22Mags OK ?????????

I don't think so....I am pretty sure the steel targets we have for the .22 matches will not hold up to a magnum round. Standard 22 long rifle only as far as I know....sorry.

We are going to build the stages in the bays so each squad can move freely through the stage without being held up by a slower shooting squad if we all shoot from under the awnings like we did last time.

Also, match will start at 12, set up will begin around 10 (at least that is what time we will be getting there). Even if the crowd is light, we will still have some fun and most important of all some extra trigger time....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom