blast from my past,Glenfield mod60

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    so cleaning out my closet i found my dads old marlin .22 glenfield model 60..i completly forgot my step dad had given me this rifle when i moved out of the house,,he said it was your dads and you should have it..(good guy.) i still dont know how this rifle was lost in the back room for the last 10 or so years

so i brought it to work and polished her up real good,theres a little surface rust and a few nicks on the wood but other then that its in great shape,,nothing a little re-blueing kit wont fix.

then i find out my dads,old 30/30 is sitting at a uncles house,and when im ready to get it,to feel welcome,,,well i cant get off of work soon enough,,i hope its in as good of shape as the .22 but i dont know how well he takes care of firearms and aprenlty hes had it for about 15yrs when my step dad let him borrow it and never got it back....

its weird because my dad died before i was old enough to teach me to shoot,i was around 6,,,my step dad never had time because of work,,so i didnt get into firarms untill my early 20s,,but i cant help but hold this rifle and feel close to a man i havent seen in 28yrs...its a bitter sweet feeling...because i know how much joy i get out of shooting with my daughter who is only 7,,,makes me grateful for the rifle but sad we missed out on that time.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom