blasting in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cornbread504

Drink coffee and destroy.
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    I acquired a RIA GI a couple months ago in a trade for a friend... he got it for cheap because the parkarizing was all jacked up. It was taken apart and treated with 600 and 1500 grit sandpaper followed by some flitz. When I got it, i decided that he was not as thorough as I would have been with the polishing, so I had a friend use his jewelers polishing setup on it and then i finished up with a very thorough flitz job. It was holding up very well with daily carry and showing no signs of rust or anything like that... until I got my first hybrid holster. The part of the slide that touched the leather is turning after less that a week of use. This is my first hybrid holster and I don't know what i did before i got it, i never new concealment could feel that secure and comfortable. I should have known better and realized that unfinished steel wouldn't react well up against leather

Long story short, I want to sand blast or bead blast the pistol so I can do some kind of two tone duracoat job on it. I'd rather do the coating myself instead of sending it to somebody. All I need is someone locally that can blast it for me first, because I already know better than to duracoat a polished surface. I figured one of you guys around town may have the equipment needed to make this happen or be able to point me in a direction.

I thought about going the chrome plating route but I can't seem to find anyone that does any plating around here, so if anyone knows something i don't know please help me out. Like I said, not looking to send it off to anyone and deal with FFL shipping and whatnot but wouldn't mind driving an hour or so to go see someone about the plating job.

Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    Get up about 200bucks and go to harbor freight. I bought the small sanblast cabinet and there powder coat gun around christmas time and have been playing with that. Its really an inexpensive way to do your own work. You can find hundreds of colors of powder on ebay pretty cheap too.

Top Bottom