Blue Origin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Anybody else see/watch the flight this morning on the news? I cant stand jeff bezos but I must say it was a good accomplishment by his company.

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    221293155_10220347262695283_2402134549816733250_n.jpg

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Briefly saw reports and video of takeoff and landing……..Damn that seemed like a very rough landing to me!! Otherwise not really interested at all!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Wouldn't this be bad for climate change? :eek3:

It burns O2 and H2 and the exhaust is mostly water so no real climate impact.

I didn't see thruster on the capsule landing but I was in a meeting at the time so it was hard to watch the whole video and focus on it. I thought the booster rocket itself landed with thrusters and it didn't seem that bad and the capsule landed under parachutes?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I didn't see thruster on the capsule landing but I was in a meeting at the time so it was hard to watch the whole video and focus on it. I thought the booster rocket itself landed with thrusters and it didn't seem that bad and the capsule landed under parachutes?

I just checked with my friend who works for Blue Origin (yep, she's an actual Rocket Scientist) and she confirmed that they do have a "system that cushions the landing right before it touches down". So, thrusters may not be the correct terminology, but some sort of propulsion system shot off right before touch down.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    My best friends son is a stir weld friction engineer in Orlando for them. He toured the facility and he was blown away. They are just practicing there. I wish old bezo would have squirted out the tip top of the space probe after landing.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    If he actually wants to work on something he should go to SpaceX the only thing BO is good for is putting up buildings and shooting phalluses to space for money....

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Glad everything went well this time. But in the future if something goes wrong and the SHTF then absolutely zero dollars of public monies should be spent to make good anything. Let ole Jeff and his billion dollar company take it out of their own personal and company bank accounts. Good luck but I will not be in line to purchase any flight tickets. ....................................... drill sgt.

Top Bottom