Boiling pot recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm in the market for a boiling pot( 80 qt?) w. strainer and high pressure burner. Who sells the highest quality for the best price, locally. Any info is appreciated.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    You may want to list your spending limit. What one may consider best price is anothers WTF

Lol

Like.......
    385f7e9619708c0a388169a105a9075a.jpg

03f1309362c3851285368e15c7af15c4.jpg

379d6560fdd629822299b9216de835ce.jpg

6fac117b1baf90dad96edf8270608088.jpg

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Rocket fire!
    If you on the northshore going see bobby at golf cart world in covington. He also has a business selling pots and cookers and all the Acc you need
    Anyone have any real experience with these pots? Are they all they seem to be? In theory it seems it would work...

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I hear dat.....But I would still like to be a Millionaire like Mickey though:}

:rofl:
    You ain't right.

That one belongs to the wife's uncle. It will boil 2 sacks at a time. He had 3 built when he was selling boiled crawfish.
    Super easy to use and very ergonomic.
    Lid flips open to make a runway to dump straight into the ice chest. Removable handle inserts into the bottom of the basket to drain. Very efficient on fuel too. I like it a lot.

khailon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2007
    :rofl:
    You ain't right.

That one belongs to the wife's uncle. It will boil 2 sacks at a time. He had 3 built when he was selling boiled crawfish.
    Super easy to use and very ergonomic.
    Lid flips open to make a runway to dump straight into the ice chest. Removable handle inserts into the bottom of the basket to drain. Very efficient on fuel too. I like it a lot.

Does he have one for sale?

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    I know this thread is a few months old but Crawfish season is coming soon and I'm in the market for a pot.

My question is Aluminum or Stainless? I don't care about price or weight. When boiling crawfish is it better to have a pot that heats faster or one that retains heat longer?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I know this thread is a few months old but Crawfish season is coming soon and I'm in the market for a pot.

My question is Aluminum or Stainless? I don't care about price or weight. When boiling crawfish is it better to have a pot that heats faster or one that retains heat longer?

IMO if your looking at a standard boiling pot both of those points are negligible. A stainless pot will resist being bent more than an aluminum pot will and it will look nicer.

An 80qt will hold a full sack and all the fixins.
    I have a homemade dual burner with a high pressure regulator, but Bayou Classic has a dual jet burner (SP40) that would be high on my list if I was looking to buy one.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom