Bonnet Carre Spillway

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks....I didn't realize the river is as high as is. I haven't been keeping up with the river stages lately.

I'll check to see if they have a Web site....we need a place for the little guy to ride...he is just getting started to ride by himself, he has graduated to his motorized 4 wheeler. He took to it like a duck to water.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    The river is falling steady now so it will be about 2 weeks before it is open to the public. No website that I know of just keep an eye on river stage @ NO La. At @ 12.5' it starts to leak through the boards making a mess and they shut everything down.

Tweek

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    madisonville, louisiana
    If you bringing the little one to tower trax you might want to go early in the morning, the adults get alittle rowdy after lunch when the drinking starts. Check out serenity sands on facebook, its a small place by the river in independence. Not big but would be great for a little one just starting to ride.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'm a rock crawler and not usually a mud guy, and. I went to tower trax with my brother on his side by side on Saturday. I will not be going back any time soon. That place is disgusting. Trash everywhere. Everyone was drunk. People were running each other off the roads. Kids (15+) were drinking heavily and driving in a severely reckless manner. Did I mention that there was trash everywhere? Thousands of empty beer cans, **** filled diapers on the trails, broken glass all over........

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm a rock crawler and not usually a mud guy, and. I went to tower trax with my brother on his side by side on Saturday. I will not be going back any time soon. That place is disgusting. Trash everywhere. Everyone was drunk. People were running each other off the roads. Kids (15+) were drinking heavily and driving in a severely reckless manner. Did I mention that there was trash everywhere? Thousands of empty beer cans, **** filled diapers on the trails, broken glass all over........

Shoulda played your cop card and scared the you know what out of those 15+ year olds.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville

Naa....we won't be going there at all, especially with my grandson.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I drove by there yesterday afternoon and the gate was still closed. You couldn't even get close to the second gate they installed.

The water is still way high as well with water in the parking area.

Dirty

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Why am I not surprised? The lack of respect for everything is growing at a phenomenal rate. Louisiana is home to some of the filthiest humans in the country. And it gets worse every year. The stretch of Airline Highway from Bayou Manchac to Siegen Lane is so littered with trash it has just become part of the scenery. No attempts to pick it up; grass cutters just run it over and shred it and spread it. I haven't seen a "community service" crew work that stretch in years!

I guess it is a lot easier just to be a dirt-bag, nowadays!

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Sorry Jussaddwata, I had no idea tower trax was so bad, having not ever been their myself. I only suggested it as an alternative to the spillway being closed. I've been wanting to go myself but I think I will stay away after reading some of the reply's.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    Sorry Jussaddwata, I had no idea tower trax was so bad, having not ever been their myself. I only suggested it as an alternative to the spillway being closed. I've been wanting to go myself but I think I will stay away after reading some of the reply's.

EightySix ain't no problem, I just wanted a place to take the little dude riding. You never know about places like that until its brought up. Hell that sounds like a place I'll just stay away form...im glad it all came out in the open before i had a chance to get over there. Ahhh ....We'll figure something out, I'll cut him loose on this 2 acres if it ever dries up.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom