Botach Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Last October I saw an add from Slickguns on here for a Streamlight TLR-1 at Botach for $79. I ordered the flashlight and a box of batteries. I received the flashlight in about a week, but received an email that the batteries would be backordered for 2 - 4 weeks. No problem. In January, I received a phone call stating that they had received the batteries and would I like to complete my order. I stated that since I had already paid for them, of course I wanted the batteries. She said they would ship them immediately. Two days later, I received another email stating that they were backordered again. I have called and emailed them with no response. Are they always like this? The CR123 batteries are everywhere.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    That is very typical of them. Good prices but never anything in stock. I have had orders go through no problem before but other times I have cancelled them out of frustration. Many times it's worth it to order from other places then deal with their BS.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I've ordered from them once, and had a good experience.
    They were the only retailer that had the products I wanted, I called confirmed they were instock and placed the order which was received in a timely fashion.
    I understand this is the exception rather than the rule though.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I placed an order from them one time, all items showed *in stock* on their web page and I received an email the same day saying the order had shipped with a UPS tracking number. UPS tracking showed it was never received, only that the shipping label had been created. After a month I called and said to cancel the order as it was never shipped, they insisted it had been shipped per the original email. I advised them that I was calling the bank to contest the credit card charges as the order was never shipped. Three days later UPS dropped the order off at my door with a new tracking number. I haven’t been back to their web site since.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They have horrible service, can't seem to track what they have in stock, yet when they do have a product you want actually instock, the prices are great. Had them delay many orders due to not having it in stock

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Botach is worth it if you are saving enough money. Used to be they beat everyone's prices by quite a lot. Buying 50 mags meant hundreds of dollars in savings. Nowadays they're a little more hit or miss with prices (their prices are all good but not necessarily better).

I once had to cancel an order with them because stuff was out of stock too long. It took a couple of calls but not a big deal. Other than that it's been great.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    Ordered once a couple of years ago.
    Got the Glock magazines cheaply and quickly.
    The Beretta magazines I ordered were backordered for eternity. :D

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've placed over 10 orders with them. All have been G2G with no delays. I have heard negative things about them, but only positive stuff have I encountered.

TTNKountze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bravo 3, I'm with you. Never had an issue with them and have ordered a dozen or more times.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have ordered several times and only one issue. I ordered a Smith Bodyguard .380 mag and they sent a Sig .380 mag. I just never bothered to send it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dusty84
    Top Bottom