Boycotting Academy Sports and Outdoors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am not personally trying to hurt anyone's feelings, just a little aggravated that despite any explanation, the OP repeats himself over and over like he doesn't care what anyone else has to say, while putting down "every" Academy employee. All I did was try to help.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Have you been delayed or denied a firearm transfer?
    Would you like to obtain a copy of your FBI 'Rap Sheet'?

Read this primer to learn what to do!

Your site is really nice LC, good job.

I am not personally trying to hurt anyone's feelings, just a little aggravated that despite any explanation, the OP repeats himself over and over like he doesn't care what anyone else has to say, while putting down "every" Academy employee. All I did was try to help.

Dont worry man, you're good.;)

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Oh, and crazy white boy, ifyou ever come through Baton Rouge and find yourself needing something from Academy, feel free to stop by the one on Siegen Lane, and if I am working I will treat you the same way as every customer, with the highest level of respect, and I will do anything I can to assistyou with whatever you need. You can also check out my thread in the ammo section where I post things that we get in stockand things weput on sale.

crazy white boy

Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    guns

Ok sporting goods burger flipper I was nice enough to apologize like a man about the comment but obviously you have not read the post that I have put up that state if this is your lovely employers policy then they should make people aware of it before they fill out the paperwork and waste there time. I am ex military and have security clearances for work and I get delayed from time to time and I always pick my guns up within 72 hours and has never been an issue. It was the attitude of the manager at the store that got under my skin. I did ask that they call back and check the status and I did request the status again as you stated I should have so what is your point. Maybe being 23 years old you should suggest to Academy to post its rules in the firearm section to let potential buyers know the policy up front and you maybe the Manager on Siegen Lane next time we speak in the forums.

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Rahllin, while I vehemently disapprove of the subject matter of your avatar;) :D:D, I gotta say you're good. Some people you just can't reach. I for one will skip Walmart and go to Academy for my next ammo purchase to offset this "boycott" :rolleyes:

And for the sake of argument The FBI has a file on me as well, but I have NEVER had to wait more 4-5 minutes to get my firearm.:p

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Or maybe, you can understand that in life things don't always go your way, and sometimes, its not really anyone's fault. I would think being an old fart of 47 that you would have learned this lesson by now, but apparently not. Also, you shouldn't make it a habit of generalizing and offending people that you don't know, especially when all they were doing is trying to help you out. That is like me saying something stupid like people only join the military because they can't cut it in a higher form of education just because of one person that did something that didn't go exactly my way, but I would NEVER say that because I know that it isn't true, and I'll bet that you have been in an Academy Sports before and had someone help you with something. I am almost willing to bet anything that your "conversation" with this "manager" went nothing like you said it did and that you misconstrued it to try to make them seem like more of a big bad wolf for not changing a corporate policy just to appease you. I've tried to be nice to you, I've offered my advice "from the inside," invited you to the store I work with if you ever needed anything there, and am willing to help out by posting deals and inventory at the store for you and every other Bayou Shooter member. Sure, I got aggravated and lashed out a little in ONE post because you obviously didn't read any of my posts and kept ranting on about things that I was trying to explain to you. Everyone who looks at this thread knows my stance, and I will continue to try to be proof that your posts and attempt to "boycott Academy Sports" is just foolish by being the best employee that I can be and continuing to treat all customers that I meet with respect. Hopefully, others see my point and don't pay mind to you. I hope I get the chance to meet and deal with as many fellow Bayou Shooter members as I can.

Disclaimer: In no way shape or form do I think or have I ever thought that my hypothetical example in this post was true. I have the utmost respect for all past and present military and try to shake the hand of and thank anyone I see in uniform for their service to our country, I even buy their meals sometimes when I see one or two eating at a place that I can afford as a "burger flipping shoe salesman" ;) I was only trying to give an example that might sink into this guys head.

jmcrawf1

Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Ok sporting goods burger flipper I was nice enough to apologize like a man about the comment but obviously you have not read the post that I have put up that state if this is your lovely employers policy then they should make people aware of it before they fill out the paperwork and waste there time. I am ex military and have security clearances for work and I get delayed from time to time and I always pick my guns up within 72 hours and has never been an issue. It was the attitude of the manager at the store that got under my skin. I did ask that they call back and check the status and I did request the status again as you stated I should have so what is your point. Maybe being 23 years old you should suggest to Academy to post its rules in the firearm section to let potential buyers know the policy up front and you maybe the Manager on Siegen Lane next time we speak in the forums.

It's beginning to make sense.....

crazy white boy

Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    Or maybe, you can understand that in life things don't always go your way, and sometimes, its not really anyone's fault. I would think being an old fart of 47 that you would have learned this lesson by now, but apparently not. Also, you shouldn't make it a habit of generalizing and offending people that you don't know, especially when all they were doing is trying to help you out. That is like me saying something stupid like people only join the military because they can't cut it in a higher form of education just because of one person that did something that didn't go exactly my way, but I would NEVER say that because I know that it isn't true, and I'll bet that you have been in an Academy Sports before and had someone help you with something. I am almost willing to bet anything that your "conversation" with this "manager" went nothing like you said it did and that you misconstrued it to try to make them seem like more of a big bad wolf for not changing a corporate policy just to appease you. I've tried to be nice to you, I've offered my advice "from the inside," invited you to the store I work with if you ever needed anything there, and am willing to help out by posting deals and inventory at the store for you and every other Bayou Shooter member. Sure, I got aggravated and lashed out a little in ONE post because you obviously didn't read any of my posts and kept ranting on about things that I was trying to explain to you. Everyone who looks at this thread knows my stance, and I will continue to try to be proof that your posts and attempt to "boycott Academy Sports" is just foolish by being the best employee that I can be and continuing to treat all customers that I meet with respect. Hopefully, others see my point and don't pay mind to you. I hope I get the chance to meet and deal with as many fellow Bayou Shooter members as I can.

Disclaimer: In no way shape or form do I think or have I ever thought that my hypothetical example in this post was true. I have the utmost respect for all past and present military and try to shake the hand of and thank anyone I see in uniform for their service to our country, I even buy their meals sometimes when I see one or two eating at a place that I can afford as a "burger flipping shoe salesman" ;) I was only trying to give an example that might sink into this guys head.
    Look kid, you keep getting on here and making noise about someone not reading the post; and not knowing what they are talking about. Where is my age listed as me being 47. You are the one ranting and raving and don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Just as stated by me and a few others; on here that feel the same way about Academy and most of its employees, and the way they treat people you are proving my point. You are coming up with quotes and ages that I have not even disclosed to you on this site. I can say this much: if I was the 47 year old fart that you are accusing me of being; and you being 23 and talked to me that way I would come to Academy to bring you a towel to wipe the wet spot behind your ears, and explain to you a lesson your parents should have given called respect for your elders. Oh and by the way; I joined the military on the GI Bill and graduated college and I am in senior management at a local plant. I figured my time in the military taught me alot, in life and it taught me to be a man. I did apologize to you for working for the company that you work far but the more you post the more I feel you deserve each other. Rules are rules and they can only be adhered to, if all players know what they are going into the game. If Academy wants to do things different then the other stores then by all means post your rules so everyone is on the same playing field. Me personally I could care less, and I would never read them because of the rudeness of the Manager in Kenner irritated me to the point I will never step foot in another Academy store. And you also stated that if he went somewhere else he would be delayed just like at Academy. Go back in the post and you will see he was delayed less than a day at a (GUN SHOP), he picks his gun up Saturday after the morning hunt. So I guess the point that I am trying to make kid at 23 years young, maybe you do not know everything and if you sit back quietly you could learn from some old farts. Beings I had already done everything you had suggested prior to me hearing it from you. You have offered no advice to me that was useful. And by the way I do not want fries with my GLOCK.

Thank you and have a nice day...................

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I only go there when I have to. I tried picking up a Streamlight TLR-1 there yesterday. They had them for $149. I can find them all day long online for $99, and at most of the local gun stores for $119. I asked them if they pricematched and they said "yes", then proceeded to tell me why they could not match either of those two prices when I pulled them up online on my phone right in front of them. Sorry, I'm not paying $50 more for a light and get crappy service on top of that. Went home and ordered from Opticsplanet.

f350drvr

Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have generlly had good experiences from shopping at Academy. There are some employees that don't have any personality, and know nothing, but there are even more that are willing to help me out when I need it. I will continue to shop there.

However, I am thankful that I don't live near a plant where senior managemant can't spell or punctuate.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    May 18, 2009
    Look kid, you keep getting on here and making noise about someone not reading the post; and not knowing what they are talking about. Where is my age listed as me being 47. You are the one ranting and raving and don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Just as stated by me and a few others; on here that feel the same way about Academy and most of its employees, and the way they treat people you are proving my point. You are coming up with quotes and ages that I have not even disclosed to you on this site. I can say this much: if I was the 47 year old fart that you are accusing me of being; and you being 23 and talked to me that way I would come to Academy to bring you a towel to wipe the wet spot behind your ears, and explain to you a lesson your parents should have given called respect for your elders. Oh and by the way; I joined the military on the GI Bill and graduated college and I am in senior management at a local plant. I figured my time in the military taught me alot, in life and it taught me to be a man. I did apologize to you for working for the company that you work far but the more you post the more I feel you deserve each other. Rules are rules and they can only be adhered to, if all players know what they are going into the game. If Academy wants to do things different then the other stores then by all means post your rules so everyone is on the same playing field. Me personally I could care less, and I would never read them because of the rudeness of the Manager in Kenner irritated me to the point I will never step foot in another Academy store. And you also stated that if he went somewhere else he would be delayed just like at Academy. Go back in the post and you will see he was delayed less than a day at a (GUN SHOP), he picks his gun up Saturday after the morning hunt. So I guess the point that I am trying to make kid at 23 years young, maybe you do not know everything and if you sit back quietly you could learn from some old farts. Beings I had already done everything you had suggested prior to me hearing it from you. You have offered no advice to me that was useful. And by the way I do not want fries with my GLOCK.

Thank you and have a nice day...................

Level with us.....Is this Academy thing the worst second-hand experience you've ever had in your life?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom