Boys sent home for wearing US flags on Cinco de Mayo...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    In America:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

But to many Mexican-American students at Live Oak, this was a big deal. They say they were offended by the five boys and others for wearing American colors on a Mexican holiday.

:mad:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    flag.jpg

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    That is absolutely 1000% bullchit! :mad: I am going to look around a bit for the contact info for the school and send them e-mail. I'll post it here if I find it.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    When did Cinco De Mayo become a USA holiday? Total BS..

In case you don't know.

Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a holiday held on May 5 that commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín.[2][3] It is celebrated primarily in the state of Puebla and in the United States. While Cinco de Mayo sees limited significance and celebration nationwide in Mexico, the date is observed nationwide in the United States and other locations around the world as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.

And we Americans can not fly a Confederat Flag in USA.

Last edited:

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I guess in LA we can celebrate France's Bastille Day! No American flags on that day please.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I wish France would have won. Better wine and we could put the Boy Scouts on the border to stop them from crossing.

Cocked

Feeling Cocky
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    American Pride... What happened to it? Oh yeah, we are ashamed of our out of control government with its own financially motivated agenda and because we are all just as greedy we feel too hypocritical to speak up.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Here's what I sent... Feel free to cut/paste/modify and send.

Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:24 AM
    To: 'Nick.Boden@mhu.k12.ca.us'
    Cc: 'Kim.Lemos@mhu.k12.ca.us'; 'Miguel.Rodriguez@mhu.k12.ca.us'; 'Tracie.Shumate@mhu.k12.ca.us'
    Subject: concern

Good Morning!

I am sure by now; you guys realize you’re in the spotlight because you’ve made the national news. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

Due to my position as an American patriot, I feel that it is my duty to express my deep concern and disdain for the position your administration took yesterday with the young men who were expressing their American pride at school through the rights granted them under the First Amendment of this country’s Constitution, which is for now, still on American soil, by wearing representations of our flag.

Our country has become mired in a dark evil disguised as something nice; a feel-good solution to all that offends. I’m referring to political correctness which I feel is the greatest threat to destroying what made America a great place to live and flock to in the first place.

If your institution were located in Mexico, your position would be a lot easier to understand. It is not, therefore there can be no acceptable explanation for this. Cinco de Mayo is NOT an American holiday. If you guys want allow the Mexicans at your school to celebrate it, I see no harm in that as long as the Americans there are not forced to participate. Being forced to participate would of course include asking and/or forcing them to remove any reference to America, which a Mexican may find offensive. It is my opinion that if ANYone is offended while in MY country, they should leave immediately and return to a less offensive environment.

Very Concerned,

Benjie Seal
    Proud American Citizen

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    American Pride is still strong in many of us who still believe in the ideas this country was founded on, unfortunately our fed Gov't and media has not represented American ideas in a long time. I'll stop before the FBI picks this up on their terrorism surveillance program.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What about this:

Dear so and so,
    The political correctness you have displayed recently by sending students home for wearing AMERICAN flag apparel (insert link) is a plague in this country. Catering to the inconsequential sensitivities of a few at the cost of basic rights for others, freedom of expression in this case and with an American flag, no less, is slowly but surely causing the deterioration of our country. Your actions are both unpatriotic and spineless. Your mindset, which is shared by a great many others, is at the root of the original American identity, one of freedom, respect for the individual, and self-reliance.

Now f*** yourself. You should be fired. (probably won't say this)

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Here's what I sent... Feel free to cut/paste/modify and send.

Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:24 AM
    To: 'Nick.Boden@mhu.k12.ca.us'
    Cc: 'Kim.Lemos@mhu.k12.ca.us'; 'Miguel.Rodriguez@mhu.k12.ca.us'; 'Tracie.Shumate@mhu.k12.ca.us'
    Subject: concern

Good Morning!

I am sure by now; you guys realize you’re in the spotlight because you’ve made the national news. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

Due to my position as an American patriot, I feel that it is my duty to express my deep concern and disdain for the position your administration took yesterday with the young men who were expressing their American pride at school through the rights granted them under the First Amendment of this country’s Constitution, which is for now, still on American soil, by wearing representations of our flag.

Our country has become mired in a dark evil disguised as something nice; a feel-good solution to all that offends. I’m referring to political correctness which I feel is the greatest threat to destroying what made America a great place to live and flock to in the first place.

If your institution were located in Mexico, your position would be a lot easier to understand. It is not, therefore there can be no acceptable explanation for this. Cinco de Mayo is NOT an American holiday. If you guys want allow the Mexicans at your school to celebrate it, I see no harm in that as long as the Americans there are not forced to participate. Being forced to participate would of course include asking and/or forcing them to remove any reference to America, which a Mexican may find offensive. It is my opinion that if ANYone is offended while in MY country, they should leave immediately and return to a less offensive environment.

Very Concerned,

Benjie Seal
    Proud American Citizen

Very good job!

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I read this online this morning before I went to work. I was in a hurry and thought I had read it wrong. What a load of crap.

I am even a fan of Mexico somewhat. I love Mexican food. To me there is nothing better. I could eat it everyday. I have probably dated just as many Mexican girls as white girls. My wife teases me how the hell did I end up with a blonde haired blue eyed wife...

This is the US not Mexico. You don't see Polish people or Irish or Russian, ect acting like jack as*es so I really don't get it. When the Irish came to the US because of the potatoe famine they learned ENGLISH!

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    This is PC run amok. Cinco de Mayo is not even a national holiday in MEXICO much less the USA. Where exactly in the Bill of Rights does it say individuals have the right to never be offended?

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I wish France would have won. Better wine and we could put the Boy Scouts on the border to stop them from crossing.

They did. Cinco de mayo is only about a single battle. France occupied Mexico for a while and installed a president (dictator, emperor, king, whatever). Also, at the time, the French were not to be F***ed with.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

If it were the French, why even tie up the Boy Scouts? Just prop up a dummy in a Wehrmacht uniform every 50 miles or so along the border....

Top Bottom