BR Area Ranges

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TriggerLube

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Prairieville, LA
    I am fairly new to the BR area and am looking for a good place to shoot. I have a few handguns, a rifle, and a shotgun. The rifle is a .17 HMR. I've only shot it one time and I'd like to get to an outdoor range to enjoy it. I've still never fired the shotgun. I see that as a problem that needs remedying too.

Any good ranges around BR? I've heard about Precision and the outdoor range in Port Allen. Any advice on where to go?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If you don't mind a 30min drive, there the range @ Sherburne.
    http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/shooting-range/sherburne-shooting-range.

This, except it's an hour drive from P'ville. And don't take the I-10 route. Go up Airline and take the 190 route. There's much less gravel road driving that way. You can also take to Port Allen, cut across on LA 1, and then hop on 190 from there.

You can also check out the Ascension Sheriff's range which is open to the public on a couple days a month.

http://www.ascensionsheriff.com/divisions/Training-Center--Weapons-Range-Complex

critterdoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Kenner, LA
    I am fairly new to the BR area and am looking for a good place to shoot. I have a few handguns, a rifle, and a shotgun. The rifle is a .17 HMR. I've only shot it one time and I'd like to get to an outdoor range to enjoy it. I've still never fired the shotgun. I see that as a problem that needs remedying too.

Any good ranges around BR? I've heard about Precision and the outdoor range in Port Allen. Any advice on where to go?

Palo Alto is a private members-only shooting range 40 Miles from Baton via I-10 east to Sorrento then Hwy 70 and Hwy 1 back west through D'ville.

128275592.jpg

She's an extremely functional and well maintained facility with access restricted by an electronic gate, and she's open to members and their guests every day of the week for the sum of $150 per year plus a one time $100 initiation fee if you join.

It's not uncommon for my travel buddy and I to have Palo Alto to ourselves when we visit on weekdays.

Click here for a description of Palo Alto's three on-site ranges (30 yard, 100 yrd, and 600 yard) and fees.

Top Bottom