BREAKING NEWS: Macho Man Randy Savage died to prevent the rapture.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The last statement made before his final match:
    2zpmeiu.jpg

A screen cap from the Haydes pay-per-view special:
    x5bdps.jpg

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I am reminded of an old saying from my grandfather

"It's better to remain silent and let people think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and confirm it."

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't see how it's tasteless. It's mocking the false prophet televangelist guy and making a hero of Randy Savage. It wasn't meant as a slight against Macho Man or Jesus(two of my personal heroes). Sorry if it was taken that way. I guess BS isn't the right forum for that brand of humor.

Please keep in mind that Macho Man was a WWE wrestler, not a UFC fighter. So if he were to challenge Jesus to a match over the fate of planet earth, nobody would have actually been hurt. It would have been like "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" with sweet costumes.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I don't see how it's tasteless. It's mocking the false prophet televangelist guy and making a hero of Randy Savage. It wasn't meant as a slight against Macho Man or Jesus(two of my personal heroes). Sorry if it was taken that way. I guess BS isn't the right forum for that brand of humor.

Please keep in mind that Macho Man was a WWE wrestler, not a UFC fighter. So if he were to challenge Jesus to a match over the fate of planet earth, nobody would have actually been hurt. It would have been like "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" with sweet costumes.

It would have been funny had the nutcase preacher been called out... instead it was Jesus and it lost all potential humor IMO.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    id say photoshop Randy Savage and the preacher fighting... Jesus didnt call the crazy preacher to say the Rapture was gonna happen and i find it offensive both the pic and what the crazy preacher did... certainly doesnt help the Christian community win people for Christ...

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    id say photoshop Randy Savage and the preacher fighting... Jesus didnt call the crazy preacher to say the Rapture was gonna happen and i find it offensive both the pic and what the crazy preacher did... certainly doesnt help the Christian community win people for Christ...

+1

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I can't judge anyones motives...I'd like to say though ...IF anyone disrespects Jesus, don't turn your back on me. I'm not the everyday turn the other cheek variety Christian, my kind of apologetics have been known to get shirts tore up.

Two reasons people dis Jesus IMO
    One, they are too self obsessed to take time to read for themselves and are led nose first by other fools

or Two...the mental capacity is just not there to understand Love in the finest form.

Either way, luckily a lot of Christians will love you through these stages...as will Jesus Himself...

Me...after 25 years of watching stupid people disrespect the Creator of all things has just worn me thin...so sometimes when I run into one of these assholes who insist on insulting what is near and dear to me, hahaha...wouldn't ya know it ?? I end up needing the forgiveness.

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    At least he knows enough to ask for forgiveness...thats the big difference between him and you yahoows who put out crap like in the OP...

Btw, I dont believe he is "insulting" people who dont believe in Christ, I believe he is "insulting" people who mock and degrade Christ.

Last edited:

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    This is in the context of a wrestling match. "I'm coming for you, Jesus. No rapture on my watch" is a paraphrase of one of Randy Savage's famous wrestling lines. He's not calling Jesus out to kick his ass, just to compete in sport for the fate of the world. If the lord created the WWE, he must be able to find the humor in wrestling with Macho Man. If Michael Jackson were to have died the day of the averted potential rapture, there would have been pictures of him challenging Jesus to a moonwalking competition. Would that have been offensive?

Top Bottom