Browning A bolt 300 Win Mag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunk39

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Bunkie, LA
    I'm trying to help out a buddy. He's got lots of experience hunting but really doesn't understand the science of shooting. Anyway, for whatever reason, he moved in to an A bolt in 300 WinMag. Could anybody suggest a hunting ammo weight/brand for this combo?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug76

Road Warrior
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Southshore
    I have a Savage 111 in .300WinMag. So far I've only shot Remington 180g CoreLokt out of it. No problems, quite accurate.
    Seems to me with the power available a 180g bullet is the way to go.

johnnyl04

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Covington, La
    I shoot a Remington BDL model 700 300 win mag. I shoot 150 grain Hornady. I have killed about 10 whitetail deer with it and never had one take another step after I shot.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I'm not saying it's the same rifle by a long shot but, I shoot a Browning Xbolt in 300 win mag. So, take any suggestion as just that I make as just suggestions but, they are both Brownings with 26" barrels and, are almost too fun too shoot. I do like 300 win mag.

My rifle ikes Hornady GMX 165's for a smaller load (for hunting in Texas for whitetails or hogs up to 300 lbs). If i wanted something heavier (like Mule deer or Elk) I have some Federal Safari, nosler partician, 180gr's that shoot pretty good. My rifle doesn't care so much for any of the Remington or Winchester ammo I tried.

Now, I know it's a burden but, you can tell you're friend that he's going to have to go to the range and try multiple brands of ammo and compare for his rifle - I know how tough that is!!

Good luck and give us a range report.

Marc Price

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom