Bucket List's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NAHMINT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    See the northern lights. See a live,wild Grizzly in it’s element.
    SEEN THE northern lights when I lived in QUEBEC. Come across grizzly in the wild, and one time while commercial salmon fishing up GLENDALE COVE in B.C, came up on one sleeping while I was tying a sein net beach line to a tree......grizz woke up and I departed post-haste..........another grizzly encounter by a friend, moose hunting, old boar bear dragged him to a river and tried to drown him...toothless bear.....
    f w i w...stick with the NORTHERN LIGHTS.......

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Have seen the Northern Lights" many times during the winter nights (1973-1978)while in the interior of Alaska because Uncle Sam was my travel agent.... Tracked 1 particular grizzly bear for 3 seasons.. Final time were following fresh tracks for a hour or so we turned around and started backtracking... About 15 minutes after turning around and backtracking we ..found his tracks on top of tracks.. He had circled around and was tracking us but we never saw him............... During the salmon fish runs have been standing knee deep in the river water and after hearing a sound behind me and turning around there was a grizzly bear munching on my fish laying on the ground...... Even though with a Ruger 44mag on my hip I just eased off away and let him have my fish...... Would have been in BIG trouble with Alaska Game Wardens for shooting the bear who was minding his own business looking for a easy free meal..,,,Saw serveral incidents that people got into as much if not more trouble for violating Fish and Game laws as would someone for killing another human person. ..............During hunting season you never went alone.. Always hunting in pairs.... Winchester 338magnum rifle and 44mag on my hip...Some said I was armed on the light side........................... drill sgt.
    338 is good, but 375H&H is better!

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    1712436460652.png

I stayed safely in my truck.
    1712436547117.png

NAHMINT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Best to check them out at Yellowstone, where some idiot tourist will almost certainly be determined to get closer to them than you are.

I got "too close" for my own comfort and while taking pictures two other idiots entered the frame significantly closer than me, was amusing and instantly made me feel better.
    LOL Years back,we had a bar in AMERICAN FALLS, on our days off we sometimes drove up to YELLOWSTONE to watch the ''tourists'' get the ''run put on 'em'' by BISON and ELK .... other ''tourists'' just watched the action and kept on taking pictures :doh::peep::deadhorse:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    As others have said, see the Northern Lights
    Drive the Pacific Coast Highway and see the Sequoia National Park (but that's in Commifornia so I'll never see it)
    The Redwoods are worth it, 100%. Those forests (especially north of San Herionsisco), are beyond awe-inspiring and impressive. It's one of the most incredible places that I've ever been.

Rotorua Volcanic Park in New Zealand
    The Monasteries of Meteora Greece
    Yellowstone at Volcanic areas.
    Badlands National Park
    Redwoods in NoCal
    The top of Haleakala on Maui.

That's the top 6 (in no order) off the top of my head.

Of all, the Redwoods made me by far the happiest and most joyful, next was the Monasteries, and the rest were awe-inspiring in a pretty scary way...literally standing in the center of the future destruction of human civilizations, and the arsenic pool called "Devil's Bath" and similar things, it's just pretty freaking "wow!"

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Some interesting entries so far, some of which will make my list as well. None of which, however, compares to the unimaginable.

Disclaimer :

I am not suggesting anyone break any laws. There are locations where this experience is legal, as it should be.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    California will surprise a lot of people. It's mostly conservative outside of popular cities. There are real cowboys all over the place, even in Los Angeles, not that they are all conservative but they are some of the few "real" cowboys left in the USA. I've spent months there, between movies and fun, and it still surprises me about how conservative a lot of the state actually is.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Im going to spell most of these locations wrong but here we go.

I have a fascination with neolitic buildings, cyclopean construction, anything with big carved blocks.

So in no specific order, here is where I want to go

Giza Plateau
    Valley of the Kings
    Nan Madol
    Ballbek
    Puma Punku
    Chichen Itza
    Tiwanaku
    Gobekli Tepe
    and many more

Basically if you watch Ancient Aliens, I want to go to all of those places and look around. Not sure if I will find any evidence of aliens, but I know I would be enthralled the entire time.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

I have a fascination with neolitic buildings, cyclopean construction, anything with big carved blocks.

Giza Plateau
    Valley of the Kings
    Nan Madol
    Ballbek
    Puma Punku
    Chichen Itza
    Tiwanaku
    Gobekli Tepe
    and many more

Basically if you watch Ancient Aliens, I want to go to all of those places and look around. Not sure if I will find any evidence of aliens, but I know I would be enthralled the entire time.
    I might donate my first born to science if I could metal detect and keep the loot in all of those places. lol

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Giza Plateau
    Valley of the Kings
    Nan Madol
    Ballbek
    Puma Punku
    Chichen Itza
    Tiwanaku
    Gobekli Tepe
    and many more

Yeah those would be cool too.
    Underwater cave diving is off my list fo sho !

Duck59

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2024
    Mandeville
    I have a few more countries in Europe and S America I would like to see: Iceland, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Sweeden, Chile, Peru, Argentina. I also want to duck hunt all across the US eventually. Maybe even do a duck hunting trip to Argentina.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La

Giza Plateau
    Valley of the Kings
    Nan Madol
    Ballbek
    Puma Punku
    Chichen Itza
    Tiwanaku
    Gobekli Tepe
    and many more

I watch that show too and would love to see some of those ancient sites, you might want to add the Nazca lines to it. That site has always fascinated me.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Giza Plateau
    Valley of the Kings
    Nan Madol
    Ballbek
    Puma Punku
    Chichen Itza
    Tiwanaku
    Gobekli Tepe
    and many more

Have you read any of their books? In my opinion they're better than the TV series.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom