Bud's Gun Shop -1

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Bought a revolver from Bud's and actually been in their shop on multiple occasions. They are mostly online with a limited amount of in-store merchandise - think slightly smaller than Jim's. They run the place as two seperate entities and have a small range on-site. I really wouldn't be surprised too much if the reviews were fake but who really uses those. We all pretty much buy by word of mouth and by shooting buddies' guns anyway. If you really want something from them I would just buy it.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ammunition availability. Plus, these pistols were originally advertised as being the same size as the 19-17/22-23 series.

The FRAMES are; but the slides are thicker, necessitating new holsters.

The .45 GAP cartridge is nothing more than a manifestation of Gaston Glock's vanity. S&W has a proprietary cartridge; so does Sig. Well, HE had to have one too.

It will end up like the 10mm; still around, but more of a specialty/novelty than anything else.

Actually, the .40 is a novelty that has caught on. Some people, mostly women in the FBI couldn't handle the 10mm, so they chopped it down a little. IMO, you may as well go with a good 9mm or 45 load and save some money.

lsufan1971

Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Actually, the 10mm "Lite" cartridge for the S&W 1076 was the result of your above statement.

The .40 S&W was born because the 1076 was a massive pig that nobody- including the manliest of men- wanted to lug around all day. The idea was to get a 10mm round into a 9mm-sized package.

Hmmm... but the .40 is hardly a 10mm.

Don't know if you'll know this, but the sheriff's office is supposed to be switching to .40. I think my dad said it's 180gr at 800 fps. Do you know any more about this? That's an awfully crappy round.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you're referring to EBRSO, they began transitioning the street deputies to G22s on Monday. Not sure what their duty load will be... LSP went with the Federal HST.

I THINK Roy said that EBR will be using that cartridge as well... But I know they have quite a bit of Ranger SXT that will probably be issued to start with. Don't remember what the weight of that stuff is; I haven't been in their ammo room in two years.

I was under the impression EBRSO went with Gold Dot but BRPD uses Gold Dot so maybe not.

Storm52

Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Purchased several guns from Bud's. Never receive any spam. Frankly, I don't read the reviews on the guns. I know what I want and have done the prerequisite homework long before purchasing.

bronzdragon

Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Came across this thread after jumping on a deal from Bud's today. I'll reply with my experience when the gun comes in. I just had to jump on the deal though.

~rc~

edit, yeah yeah, I see now that this is a year old post.

TomTerrific

Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I bought a gun from Bud's last fall and it was a smooth transaction.

The only screw up was they sent the magazines I ordered to Precision rather than directly to me, but Precision realized it and there were really no problems.

bronzdragon

Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Just wanted to add, that my order from Bud's came in at my local FFL in about a week and a half. Everything went smoothly and I saved a good deal on the handgun. I would buy from Bud's again. I like the fact that you can use electronic check to take advantage of his low cash prices.

~rc~

flamatrix99

Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I see what youre saying with the reviews, change a few of the words up and theyre all the same basically, Ive never done business with them, personally I dont like a website that I have to "sign-up" to see the price, that means wayyy more spam going into my email, but I was trying to find the price on a glock 27 before I got to the sign up part, oh well

If you sign up with the GSSF you can purchase one through thier program for a significant savings. I paid $398 for my G26 at BR Police Supply using the GSSF program.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I have also bought a few from Buds mostly rifles though, and they were as described with free shipping and we had them at the FFL withing 2 days, my experience with them was positive.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom