Buds Gunshop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsufan1971

Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I ordered a Sig P226 CPO from Buds last week. Gun came in to my dealer and was able to pick it up on Tuesday. I checked it out and everything looked okay. I didn't even notice that it was missing the decocker control. I went to my office and upon further inspection found out I had a DAO fun not a DA/SA gun. I called Buds and told them the deal. They guy on the phone was very helpful. I told him I accepted the gun from the dealer doing a cursory check but wanted to send it back. He said they normally do not accept guns back that have been transfered to a dealer as they are then considered used. To make a long story short I sent the gun back and I am getting a NIB FNX 9 Stainless plus credit back for the difference. I shipped the gun back to them on Tuesday, they received this morning, my FN is on it's way and I have gotten notice my refund to my card will happen in 1-3 days.

I know they receive a lot of bad reviews but other than sending me the wrong gun I have to say they stepped up and did their best to make me a happy customer.

11Bravo

Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I liked Buds until my last ordered. They received payment from me and took almost two and a half weeks to ship something they claimed was in stock. The customer service rep. I spoke with was also very snarky and never could come up with an answer or excuse as to why. So I found someone new to do business with.

troy_mclure

Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I've ordered 3 guns for my self, and 3 for my father. No issues other than a 1 week delay on my first purchase, but I received an email after I ordered telling me that I could expect a delay due to Xmas.
    I've recommended them to many people and no one has come back to me saying they suck.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I have always been happy with Bud's

In fact....A couple of years ago, I was suddenly denied by the ATF. I had already ordered and paid for a Ruger Mini 14 and was denied when I went to pick it up at the local dealer. I wasn't expecting a problem, and had also just ordered and paid for 2 more guns from Bud's when I found out about the denial. So I called Bud's and asked them to hold my 2 guns while I sorted the mess out. The reason I wanted them to hold the guns was that I was using a local pawn shop for ATF transfers and I didn't really know them well. I also just felt safer with Bud's holding the guns....I kind of wanted to spread my risk.
    Long story short....It took a year to get everything sorted out and approved by the ATF....I had to appeal the denial. After a year....1 phone call and Bud's sent everything. I call that good service.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Apr 26, 2010
    I have purchased several handgun models of a don't-want-to-mention-in-this-forum brand, and have never had a problem with either Bud's, or the brand.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I ordered a Sig P226 CPO from Buds last week. Gun came in to my dealer and was able to pick it up on Tuesday. I checked it out and everything looked okay. I didn't even notice that it was missing the decocker control. I went to my office and upon further inspection found out I had a DAO fun not a DA/SA gun. I called Buds and told them the deal. They guy on the phone was very helpful. I told him I accepted the gun from the dealer doing a cursory check but wanted to send it back. He said they normally do not accept guns back that have been transfered to a dealer as they are then considered used. To make a long story short I sent the gun back and I am getting a NIB FNX 9 Stainless plus credit back for the difference. I shipped the gun back to them on Tuesday, they received this morning, my FN is on it's way and I have gotten notice my refund to my card will happen in 1-3 days.

I know they receive a lot of bad reviews but other than sending me the wrong gun I have to say they stepped up and did their best to make me a happy customer.

I've had good dealings with them too. That's a good deal they gave you. It's my understanding that once you fill out the paperwork it's used. They'll have to sell it used. I couldn't complain.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've had good dealings with them too. That's a good deal they gave you. It's my understanding that once you fill out the paperwork it's used. They'll have to sell it used. I couldn't complain.

All CPO Sig pistols are used.

SamNavy

Feb 23, 2012
    Belle Chasse, LA
    Buds has been awesome for me. As far as I'm concerned, I may never buy a gun anywhere else if they've got it in stock. Their prices are great, and I've had 2 good customer service experiences with them. I like that all their guns are listed with shipping included, and that they will save you a few bucks for a cash sale. I also like that they have a LEO site, also with very good prices. They have an FFL tracker/search function on their site, so you know exactly who they already have on file.

I support my LGS's by buying ammo and accessories.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom