bumpfireing a 10/22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    Sorry if already discussed, tried to search but it turned up nothing. I've got a Ruger 10/22 and I was trying to bumpfire it. I've seen a few videos on youtube with 10/22's and it seemed easy enough. I'm just not sure if it's possible after trying it with mine. I got two FTE's (which are the first two ever with this gun) and never once got a follow up shot. It's my conclusion that the .22 cartridge doesn't have enough kick to execute a bumpfire. Please tell me if I'm wrong and its just technique.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    You're half right-- the lack of recoil is playing a factor, but doesn't make it impossible. Although my knowledge is completely academic in this regard, I'd say anything in .22 caliber is going to be harder to bump fire for a beginner.

While I'm sure it's done to stock 10/22's all of the time, improving the trigger should make it a lot easier. The more you've got going for you mechanically, the easier it will be.

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I've seen those cranks before. Do they work pretty good? I've got a buddy that coaches the shooting team for my parish and he said he could get me a trigger job on my gun done, just haven't gottent together on it yet.

Nick, what exactly is the idea with the two pennies? Can you explain a little more about that?

Top Bottom