Bunch of tanks in New Orleans...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Just in case y'all didn't know.... there are military vehicles being built I want to say north of I-12 in Slidell. Textron

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Just in case y'all didn't know.... there are military vehicles being built I wnat to say north of I-12 in Slidell. Textron

I thought they were using the old lumber yard right there on Front Street?

It's been a while since I've been to The Dell.

JR1572

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I thought they were using the old lumber yard right there on Front Street?

It's been a while since I've been to The Dell.

JR1572

Not positive but I knew some guys that worked for Textron and when they were flooded in N.O. East they were supposedly moving north of I-12 because of the potential fo flooding below that.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Not positive but I knew some guys that worked for Textron and when they were flooded in N.O. East they were supposedly moving north of I-12 because of the potential fo flooding below that.

That would make sense, but the Front Street location is an area that has flooded for storms before.

JR1572

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    It's south of I-12, they just got a reduced lease from the Slidell gov because they threatened to find another place.

This man saw it coming...

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    My dad was a engineer and used to bring trains loaded down with military vehicles across the H.P. Long from time to time. This is nothing new.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yeah, happens all the time. If its going west it may be going to Beaumont, where a bunch of stuff goes out and comes back home from where-ever overseas. Used to work at the Mobil Refinery there and got to see lots of hardware on railcars get unloaded and put on ships and vice-versa. Typical method of transporting heavy goodies for our military.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yep..... I live in Luling and that train passed through going west bound. Not sure what the destination was, but it was very long and had two times the ACP's that is pictured on that page.

The picture shows a HUGE number of military vehicles being transported towards New Orleans

That car is heading west. If the train is heading in the same direction, it is also heading west! Not toward to New Orleans!

This is the kind of reporting being done on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR & MSNBC! So this site is obviously legit! :doh:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I see tanks and military vehicles all the time in Metairie. My parents live a few lots south of some train tracks.

I had pictures on my phone but I guess they got deleted :(

Nevermind. Found em!

aga8ubap.jpg

9uma7uza.jpg

I've seen these same ones a few times recently. The train tracks run just south of Airline Hwy in Metairie, head west towards the airport.

No big deal, probably a cost effective way to move them.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish

Post Katrina I did a good deal of work on Venetian Isle (sp), I don't know if its Textron but there was a company out there making some light armor. And they tested the LCACs on a bi weekly schedule.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Who cares if they are headed N E S W. a lot of battalions send their equipment to California for Pre deployment battle drills at NTC. Some do it at Ft. Polk. Some do home station like we did at 3ID and the men for
    CA shipped their equipment via rail to Ft Stewart GA. I bet y'all **** your pants when seeing a National Guard convoy on I10. Quit with the ******* tinfoil. It's ridiculous.

shnev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Some of that may be coming back from their annual training at Camp Shelby, MS, during the month of June. The 141 FA BN, stationed in Jackson Barracks, New Orleans.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom