But, it's supposed to be free!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Big difference between free and 20K a year for insurance...

RS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

In a final regulation issued Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) assumed that under Obamacare the cheapest health insurance plan available in 2016 for a family will cost $20,000 for the year...

The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan.

The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    so if a family of 4 has a sole provider making minimum wage(-$15k/yr) they will be penalized for not buying the $20k/yd health care plan?

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    No body listened when we said it would bankrupt American healthcare.

Now we're going to have failure jammed down our throat and shoved up our a** by a bunch of liberal idiots playing with laws like a kid that found his dad's gun.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Our group health care costs about $500 a month IIRC. I figure the employer is chipping in at least that. Call it close to $1000 per month. Non-group is always more expensive. Now factor in the fact that its being handled by the government (remember the $600 hammers...).
    Sounds about right.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    so where is the preverbal line in the sand? Because Im not paying that much for some stupid BS. When is it going to end?

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Ever price the cobra insurance?? It has been $800-$1000 per month for years. Back in '97 when the plant shut we were offered cobra and for what I had back then was gonna cost me almost $500 a month then. Bend over America.:mad:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    The wife just quit working due to complications from lifelong diabetes and if we would have kept her state employee insurance for she and I, it would have been 1900 a month.. Thank god, I have insurance as well, and I picked her up for 400 more a year..

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Our group health care costs about $500 a month IIRC. I figure the employer is chipping in at least that. Call it close to $1000 per month. Non-group is always more expensive. Now factor in the fact that its being handled by the government (remember the $600 hammers...).
    Sounds about right.

Non-group plans aka "Individual Plans" are always LESS expensive than employer sponsored group plans.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    More Obamacare failure..

Obamacare glitch could leave thousands uninsured

Employer-sponsored health care plans are on the rise, and costs that are passed along to workers may leave some scrambling for more moderately priced plans. Such families were supposed to get financial assistance from the government to help pay for plans outside their places of employment — but according to The Associated Press, Congress didn’t include text for that financial assistance program in the final Obamacare law. So, Obamacare supporters were expecting the IRS to fix this problem — but the agency did not.

Its newly issued regulations failed to provide for that particular scenario and instead, these families will face the same fines imposed on those who don’t carry health insurance at all — the same fines as those who violate the mandate portion of Obamacare, according to the AP.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    The public defenders aren't free either. What's wrong with tapping the people who can pay so the ones who won't pay won't have to?

Walrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Slidell
    $1,666/mo is absolutely possible. Some of my employees premiums are in excess of that. But it's all about to get 'fixed'... right? :mamoru:

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    The total cost of a family plan where I'm at is more than $1,666.00/month and it's not a great plan. That cost is very feasible.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I just turned down a job with the DOT in Mississippi because their family insurance cost was over $600 a month. When my last job went **** up my Cobra cost was un freakin believeable but I do not remember the figure anymore. I believe that figure completely.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    so if a family of 4 has a sole provider making minimum wage(-$15k/yr) they will be penalized for not buying the $20k/yd health care plan?

I don't think you have to worry about the penalty if you are making $15K a year. I'm not sure what the lowest wage is where you actually are required to buy insurance or get penalized..... I'm thinking $40K, but I don't know for sure.

Top Bottom