buying a 270 but dunno what brand!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I've shot the remington and savage. I know there's other ones just seeing if there's one y'all would recommend.

I own both in .270 WIN (Savage Model 110, and a Remington Model 700)....Both makes are very accurate, reliable rifles. Most people will likely choose the Remington- but I have absolutely no complaints about the Savage. Those guys are making some really good shooters.

I also bought a Browning BAR in .270 WIN from a member here a few months back, and will be taking it out with me, this weekend.

Congrats on making a great choice in caliber. You WILL NOT be disappointed. :cheers:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There are many name brands to choose from; and many are great. But let me share a revelation that came over me in the last decade that could influence your choice.

I hunt my ass off; and I used to be a rifle purist in that I always believed that a nice looking wall hanging type rifle was essential to look and feel like I was doing my passion the proper respect. You know, great looking wooden stock, no scratches, out of box appearance, etc.

Now, I realize that synthetic rifles make a whole hell of a lot of sense for hunting. I mean after all, why do I care if there is a little mud on my synthetic stock; or water. What matters is the accuracy and the performance. Sure, a fine wooden stock looks pretty, but I am not hunting to win a fashion show; and I sure as hell am not running in a popularity contest with anyone.

Rugged, durable, less worry, less cleaning, no scratches, no dings; no water stains; etc., etc.

I have really nice wooden rifles, and my Browning BAR 30.06 is by far my most favorite rifle, but I will never look at them the same when synthetic makes so much sense.

swampjockey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Cut Off, LA
    I bought a Savage 110 in .270 with the adjustable 'Accu trigger' last year because i no longer wanted to use my Omega made by Hi-Shear Corp. (Too Valuable) it belongs in a glass case instead, or better yet a safe. Anyways, Savage are very accurate well made but underrated rifles. Killed a 135 lb. doe in Alabama last season and it killed it just as dead as my rifle worth thousands. Do what you want but my advice to you is get a Savage and with what you save you can get a real quality scope.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I bought a Savage 110 in .270 with the adjustable 'Accu trigger' last year because i no longer wanted to use my Omega made by Hi-Shear Corp. (Too Valuable) it belongs in a glass case instead, or better yet a safe. Anyways, Savage are very accurate well made but underrated rifles. Killed a 135 lb. doe in Alabama last season and it killed it just as dead as my rifle worth thousands. Do what you want but my advice to you is get a Savage and with what you save you can get a real quality scope.

This^ is the most important factor on ANY gun deemed accurate; and regardless of how inexpensive it was! If all I could find was a single shot crack barrel rifle; I would spend the money on good optics! ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You ought to see what I'm using for "primitive weapon" season this year. Think H&R and think S&B....:D

You're my kind of whack job! :bigok:

Hell, I already feel guilty shooting them with the Handi-Rifle and a half decent Simmons; and calling it primitive!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This^ is the most important factor on ANY gun deemed accurate; and regardless of how inexpensive it was! If all I could find was a single shot crack barrel rifle; I would spend the money on good optics! ;)

Just don't forget the ammo, Emp! :D

Top Bottom