Calling All Glock 36 Owners...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I've been on the hunt for a .45 ACP EDC for quite some time. I've been giving a lot of consideration to the SA XDs .45, but I want the gun in Bitone and Gunbroker is the only place I've been able to find them. This situation has left me wanting and I've been looking around for other alternatives. At 5'9" and bouncing somewhere between 160 & 165 lbs., I'm more or less "straight up and down" which makes concealing a wide EDC, in an OWB holster, difficult at best. IWB is completely out of the question; I tried it for about 6 months and I hated it. With the XDs .45 coming in at .9" in width, that makes it just as concealable as my 9mm EDC, but then again, there's that issue of not being able to find the Bitone locally.

I've been looking at the G19 real hard for about a year, and while I'd really like to get a Glock, I already have a couple of 9s and I'm not sure I need another.

My search finally brought the G36 to my attention: 1.10" in width and only .75" longer than my 9mm EDC. Yeah, yeah, I know; the G36 is only a 6+1 pistol, but my EDC 9 is only 7+1. G36 is very compact, slim, and in a .45 ACP platform; sounds like a winner to me. Am I wrong about this? Is there something I haven't considered?

I'm looking for your experiences, your loves, your hates, your recommendations, or any other comments you feel are germane to the topic...

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I've had good experiences with it, but I've read that theyre glocks problem child. Idk the specifics, but id look into their reliability and whatnot

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I've had good experiences with it, but I've read that theyre glocks problem child. Idk the specifics, but id look into their reliability and whatnot

I love my g36. I have had zero troubles with mine and have shot better than 3600 rds through it now. Like any Glock you can't "limp wrist" it, and I am pretty sure that goes double for .45acp. My guess is that is the cause of most of the complaints you hear about. I also have a g19 which is the same form factor which I like as well and fits the same holsters. I am 6'9" and "straight up and down" as well. Don't have a problem concealing. You might look at the + floor plates though for the extra round(s) and a little extra pinky space if you have big hands like me.

Last edited:

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    I posted this on another forum about my G36.

The Issue:

12 FEB 13: I have a G36 after 200 rounds I have had 7 FTE/Jam. Only way to clear is drop the mag and rack the slide with the weapon upside down to drop the stuck brass. All three have FTE/Jam Federal Hydra Shok 165 gr, CCI Steal Case Match 230 gr, Federal FMJ 230 gr. Sent Glock an e-mail last week with no reply, will call them on Monday. Have read changing the extractor to a non-loaded bullet indicator might fix the issue.

The Fix:

26 JUN 13: I forgot to get back to you all about my G36 issues. Returned the weapon to Glock back in FEB as it was still under the MFW. Glock replaced the extractor to a non-loaded bullet indicator and replaced the guide rod/guide rod spring. Received the gun back in less then 3 weeks after sending it to them. The gun now has over 1k rounds fired with only one stovepipe since it was repaired.

I upgraded the guide rod/spring to a tungsten guide rod with a factory weight spring. Don’t buy the laser max guide rod laser, it is garbage. Turns on the in the holster and stays on among other issues. You can buy a non-loaded bullet indicator extractor and change it out in a few minutes.

I have the +1 extensions on all of my magazines, so I have 7+1 in the gun and two spare magazines for a total of 22 rounds. I like the single stack 45ACP as it is easier for me to get my hands around and the +1 magazine extension allows for my pinky finger to grip the gun as well.

I also put these on all of my Glocks (G19 wife’s, G21SF and my main CC the G36.

http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/defaul... gl126_0.jpg

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...ets/ghost-ring

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I have no problems at all with mine either. Probably 1000 or so rounds through it. I put a Big Dot on the front since I don't plan to "target shoot" with it and the Big Dot helps me get on target faster. YMMV, some folks don't like them. Works for me though. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!

jquinnett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Bossier City, LA
    Got one too and very nice gun and a 45. I have G19, 22,23, 26 and size of the G36 is perfect for CC with some horsepower! The G30s is nice also. The XD series are great guns too. I just like Glock, it's the standard.

Walrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Slidell
    Mines been good to me. Carried it for nearly 4 years now. I've got at least 2000 rounds through it and do not have issues. I don't have pinky extensions however, I carry stock mags.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom