calling all musicians- super deals afoot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    As far as basses go...... I'm a die hard Fender man! However, my current gig requires the use of a 5 string bass and Fender 5 string basses, for the most part, suck! Sad to say but it's true. That low B string just doesn't get tight enough on that 34" scale neck, resulting in a weak, flabby tone. For my gigs, I use Ibanez SR series basses (SR505, 605 & 705). They are lightweight, tone versatile and that 35" scale neck makes a world of difference. The extra tension on the low B string creates monstrous low end frequency which can dialed in precisely to give you that smooth R&B/pop tone or that growly rock/blues tone.

For both bass and guitar I honestly think Ibanez is the most underrated brand available. Some of their stuff is just exceptional.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    All in all, even though the Ibanez basses pay the bills, my old standby and faithful Fender basses are still my go to outside of my job (gig). I have one 70s and one 80s Fender Jazz Bass and a 90s P Bass. My newest Fender is this 2007 P Bass Special with a P & J pickup system and all maple neck. I find myself playing this Fender more than my other three Fenders in my studio.

Attachments

• 20141020_111919.jpg
      20141020_111919.jpg
      142.5 KB · Views: 46

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    and how does a guitar thread fit in at a gun forum?

dudes got an NRA sticker on his bass. next level! lol!

and fyi cujo- I'm not in any way saying Ibanez > Fender. Quite the opposite. I just think Ibanez is a much better rig than the masses give it credit for.

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I love my Ibanez's. My idea was to get the guitars that made rock and roll as a collection though. I have the Les Paul, next is the SG. After that I'll get a Strat, and then a Tele. Since buying the Les Paul, it has become my main player, with my secondary being an Ibanez SAS model. I use the RG 1550 Prestige for things in Eb, the 7 string when needed, and the others get played when I'm in the mood.

The Les Paul just sounds nice in just about anything. It has a great sustain too. The stock pickups are very nice also.

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    I'm jealous!

My first year or so I couldn't play for crap. Once you get the basics, the rest is just "easier ways to do stuff". My first year it took me days of practice to learn new songs. Playing a few years now and can play 80 or 90 songs, and record my own stuff occasionally. Now new songs take ~ a few hours or so to pickup pretty well. Not sure if you're a true beginner or just being modest, but if you can do G C D and A, thats literally hundreds of songs.

If you're around lafayette area shoot me a pm. I'll have ya playing music in a few hours. In exchange I only ask that you let me molest that les paul.

I started playing when I was in high school, but put it down for many years. I probably really started playing again, maybe 3 years ago. I took lessons for a while, but quit a while back. Ive been playing a lot lately, so I may go take some more lessons, just to learn more theory.....I hate practicing that stuff though.

Im pretty far from Lafayette, near new Orleans.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    and how does a guitar thread fit in at a gun forum?

dudes got an NRA sticker on his bass. next level! lol!

and fyi cujo- I'm not in any way saying Ibanez > Fender. Quite the opposite. I just think Ibanez is a much better rig than the masses give it credit for.

Dude, Ibanez rocks too! Why do you think i chose it as a work bass? I will always love Fender basses, it's just that the Ibanez is perfect for what i need it to do and you get more bass than what the price point suggests.

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    In post 12, I posted a pic of a guitar that I said I bought. That was a pic of the actual guitar, but it was off of Guitar Center's web site. I picked it up today.

HoneyBurstLesPaul2_zpsa666b9e3.jpg

I didn't get a super deal on it like I have on stuff in the past, but I like the guitar.

Last edited:

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    All in all, even though the Ibanez basses pay the bills, my old standby and faithful Fender basses are still my go to outside of my job (gig). I have one 70s and one 80s Fender Jazz Bass and a 90s P Bass. My newest Fender is this 2007 P Bass Special with a P & J pickup system and all maple neck. I find myself playing this Fender more than my other three Fenders in my studio.

Hey Jonathan,
    What happened to your Blacktop? BTW, I replaced the pickups in the Mexican Jazz I bought from you with N3 Noiseless pickups and it sounds even better now than it did before, and it sounded pretty damn good before! I love that thing! I fact, after playing it for awhile I sold my P and bought an American Deluxe Jazz to go with the one I bought from you.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    In post 12, I posted a pic of a guitar that I said I bought. That was a pic of the actual guitar, but it was off of Guitar Center's web site. I picked it up today.

HoneyBurstLesPaul2_zpsa666b9e3.jpg

I didn't get a super deal on it like I have on stuff in the past, but I like the guitar.

Congrats man! Enjoy it!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'll post obligatory pics when I get home tonight, but man that SG was set up so right from Gibson. I almost always take new guitars to have them setup but this was good to go right out of the bag. Best way I can describe the tone is if the les paul was on the left, and the fender on the right, this would go right in between. For some bluesy stuff or classic rock its just incredible. Looks much better in person as well, and the gig bag was impressive. It's literally exactly the sound I was looking for. May just have to put an SG standard on my list as well.

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I'll post obligatory pics when I get home tonight, but man that SG was set up so right from Gibson. I almost always take new guitars to have them setup but this was good to go right out of the bag. Best way I can describe the tone is if the les paul was on the left, and the fender on the right, this would go right in between. For some bluesy stuff or classic rock its just incredible. Looks much better in person as well, and the gig bag was impressive. It's literally exactly the sound I was looking for. May just have to put an SG standard on my list as well.

*Like Button*

Top Bottom