Camera Questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The problem with that image is slow shutter speed. You shot at 1/30th of a second at ISO 86 and f/4.5. Way wrong settings for an overcast morning. ISO 400 1/120th of a second would have been sharp.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    That was the automated 'easy shoot' setting. I haven't figured out how to adjust everything yet. I had the same problem on some indoor shots.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    That's funny because my cousin got the same camera recently. It is nice for the price. You have to experiment with settings to understand what you need to do. I am learning myself so in some situations, I adjust settings myself and see how it comes out.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    The problem with that image is slow shutter speed. You shot at 1/30th of a second at ISO 86 and f/4.5. Way wrong settings for an overcast morning. ISO 400 1/120th of a second would have been sharp.

So as you have less light, you would need to lower your shutter speed correct? Also I've been told ISO controls the noise in the picture. Is this true? If so, why would anyone have lower ISO settings in the first place?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    ISO is the sensitivity to light. higher sensitivity means you can collect the light for the image in less time, so a faster shutter speed. But the higher the sensitivity, the more noise you can get.

The less light you have, the longer shutter speed you need, you can counteract that with a higher iso but risk noise if you go too high.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    For macro stuff I use a magnifying lens/jewelers magnifier for close ups. It's the best I can do with my point and shoots digital camera. I have to play with the distance of camera and magnifier but it can yield great results. Typically forget the flash as reflection is a pita.

Top Bottom