Can anyone identify this 22 barrel ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    amu4a8ud.jpg
    6e9ysa3e.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    no writing or numbers or proof marks. Nothing at all. It has front and rear dove tail notches for sights and the notch in pic is on bottom. Im trying to figure it out so I can maybe find a receiver or sel it. Im assuming the dual extracter cuts is for right or left handed receiver.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    no writing or numbers or proof marks. Nothing at all. It has front and rear dove tail notches for sights and the notch in pic is on bottom. Im trying to figure it out so I can maybe find a receiver or sel it. Im assuming the dual extracter cuts is for right or left handed receiver.

It's not very likely that the two slots would be for right or left handed receiver. If you were to flip the barrel, the sights would then be on the bottom. The two slots are instead for dual extractors.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The dovetail cut in the bottom of your barrel is for a tube mag they have a cut in the front like that sometimes too, but there are a bunch of models that use barrel bands. The rest of it is cut back as far as it is so that it can be inserted in a receiver and pinned by a horse shoe pin in the front relief cut. There are several .22's that use this design but they're all a bit older. Glenfield, Savage, Perrit Bros., and a few others used this design on a couple of their rifles. To be sure which one you have ( or other manufacturer) I'd have the pull some measurements. This design was used in lever action, semi auto, and single shot. (There is only one lever action that used this design, and it wasn't received very well by the public)

Top Bottom