Can not believe what O bummer said tonight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Well I had a 2 hour conversation with 2 obamaites this evening after the speach and they finally resorted to calling me a SOB and I promised to never darken there door.You could see there anger about there voting choices.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    Well I had a 2 hour conversation with 2 obamaites this evening after the speach and they finally resorted to calling me a SOB and I promised to never darken there door.You could see there anger about there voting choices.

But you don't understand!!!! They are sooooo much smarter than you are. All of your facts is right wing propoganda while are their facts are the absolute truth. You are a mean racist that doesn't like the president because he is black and has a funny name, the fact that he is a sorry piece of s__t has nothing to do with it. It is all someone elses fault!!!!

If you got all of your info from the huffington post you would have it together instead you listen to all that right wing crap from Fox etc, etc, etc.

I've been through the same thing. I went with one of these fine fellows to the WWII museum and coming back home on I-10 he got so upset he turned onto I-55 toward Hammond. We were going to Baton Rouge!
    I won, He lost.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I was awake for 30 hours and was then sleeping during this all-important speech. I don't want to get it from some news agency. Can someone hit the high-points for me real fast in a short paragraph?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The Head Rapper in Chief is calling for an additional $420,000,000,000 in stimulus spending. $420B. 4/20. Hmmmmmm I wonder where he came up with that number. . .

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    He doesn't want to borrow the $420 Billion, he wants big business to pay for it. In exchange, he is going to give them a $4K tax break if they hire a veteran. LOL

He also promised a campaign tour, to bring his message to the people. He obviously does not understand the difference between a Republic, and a Democracy.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Looks like I am just going to have to watch video of the speech. I don't want to judge Obama's speech unless I know everything he said and in context. I don't like him, but he IS Commander in Chief, and I wish him the very best in performing his duties, as his duties relate to my well-being. Will watch speech/read.

Reading now:

So far he is right on one thing. American auto-makers ARE building some of the best cars now. The Bail Out must have helped GM some, at least. The Corvette has a PPH of 62, as of the time I watched mine built in 2011, Feb. That is better than 2010 Porsche numbers. (Don't know what they are in 2011). My point is, GM is making a MUCH! better car, and those folks up there are hard workers and do care, for the most. I met them, and I saw it.

The rest of the speech looked like "pat-on-the back" and "vote my way in the future" stuff. I didn't see anything else.

I did not see anything about 420B or "New Schools are deserved".

Okay, found Thursday's speech in video and summary, but not the transcript. Does anyone have that that they can post the link to? The summary/video did not say how he planned on paying for all this...

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Any person that has an open mind that functions properly; would want to hear all sides of a debate before making an educated conclusion.

There is no reason whatsoever to listen to any more of this Pretender's nonsense.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Any person that has an open mind that functions properly; would want to hear all sides of a debate before making an educated conclusion.

There is no reason whatsoever to listen to any more of this Pretender's nonsense.

I'm just saying I want to see the speech before I give my .02 on the matter, rather than go off the no-context comments posted in this thread. Do you have a link? My first post was based on the transcript of the Labor Day speech, but I found no transcript for the one on Thursday.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm just saying I want to see the speech before I give my .02 on the matter, rather than go off the no-context comments posted in this thread. Do you have a link? My first post was based on the transcript of the Labor Day speech, but I found no transcript for the one on Thursday.

I am not talking about you. My statement is for the general populace. This guy's baloney should no longer be tolerated by free thinking individuals. It is now to the point that even the mindless zombie followers must see his horses**t for what it is. Of course they won't, which only proves they are unstable or on the government dole.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I am not talking about you. My statement is for the general populace. This guy's baloney should no longer be tolerated by free thinking individuals. It is now to the point that even the mindless zombie followers must see his horses**t for what it is. Of course they won't, which only proves they are unstable or on the government dole.
    I fully agree, and I am NOT defending him, but he has done 1 or 2 things that I agree with. Wisdom can come from a weed, every now and then. Hence why I wanted to see the transcript, to see if ANY of it was making sense for the better.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

This approach is basically the one I’ve been advocating for months. In addition to the trillion dollars of spending cuts I’ve already signed into law, it’s a balanced plan that would reduce the deficit by making additional spending cuts; by making modest adjustments to health care programs like Medicare and Medicaid (what kind of "modest adjustments!?); and by reforming our tax code in a way that asks the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations to pay their fair share. What is that threshold? I don't make 6 figures a year and I already pay a TON! of federal taxes. I can only IMAGINE what people who make more than I do pay. What’s more, the spending cuts wouldn’t happen so abruptly that they’d be a drag on our economy, or prevent us from helping small business and middle-class families get back on their feet right away. What spending cuts? Define.

Now, I realize there are some in my party who don’t think we should make any changes at all to Medicare and Medicaid, and I understand their concerns. But here’s the truth. Millions of Americans rely on Medicare in their retirement. And millions more will do so in the future. They pay for this benefit during their working years. They earn it. But with an aging population and rising health care costs, we are spending too fast to sustain the program. This is dead-on accurate, and I see it every day. I see people who are living vegetables and ethics committees are scared to pull the plug. It is an honest cash-drain in my opinion, to keep grandma/grandpa around on tube-feedings and turn them every 2 hours as they stare into space laying there with multiple organ failure. And if we don’t gradually reform the system while protecting current beneficiaries, it won’t be there when future retirees need it. We have to reform Medicare to strengthen it. I agree fully, but HOW we reform it is important, and I saw nothing indicating HOW any of these broad strokes will be implemented.

This plan could either be a very good one (except for taxing the success of Americans who DID work hard and DID reach their goals only to support those who have not. Given Obama's previous outcomes, I do not thing this is going to be a good thing, and his lack of transparency once again is astounding.

I’m also well aware that there are many Republicans who don’t believe we should raise taxes on those who are most fortunate and can best afford it. But here is what every American knows. While most people in this country struggle to make ends meet, a few of the most affluent citizens and corporations enjoy tax breaks and loopholes that nobody else gets. Right now, Warren Buffet pays a lower tax rate than his secretary – an outrage he has asked us to fix. We need a tax code where everyone gets a fair shake, and everybody pays their fair share. And I believe the vast majority of wealthy Americans and CEOs are willing to do just that, if it helps the economy grow and gets our fiscal house in order.
    I think there should be a flat-tax. However, on the flip-side, if Warren Buffet were not affluent, his secretary wouldn't even have her job. Also, it failed to put a DOLLAR AMOUNT on what Mr. Buffet pays compared to his secretary.

I’ll also offer ideas to reform a corporate tax code that stands as a monument to special interest influence in Washington. By eliminating pages of loopholes and deductions, we can lower one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America. Why DO companies go overseas? It's not because they want to. It's because American taxes slaughter them (in part). Close up those loop-holes, and once a company reaches over that 50 employees threshold, it's going down the tubes or outsourcing. How many companies that serve us on a national or international level have less than 50 employees? Not many.

Okay, I stopped reading. This is a feel-good speech that I totally agree with when I scan it, and totally disagree with when I stop fist-pumping and say..."But how will this affect...?" It's another pipe-dream, and it's going to cost America dearly in ways we have not even thought about in full.

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I turned it on for a few minutes and gave up right when I heard $420 billion in new stimulus. This guy is a clown and hes scared for his career. If I'm not mistaken most of the stimulus from back in the day isn't suppose to take effect until around this time.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Also, it failed to put a DOLLAR AMOUNT on what Mr. Buffet pays compared to his secretary. What spending cuts? Define.

Numbers are so much fun to use in manipulation aren't they?

With almost every set of statistics you can argue the opposite by switching from percentages to actual figures and visa versa.

Last edited:

VagabondLiberty

Intrepid Vagabond
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    LA
    When he started speaking about Buffett, I knew his speech was simply full of ****. Buffet is nothing more than a shill for Obama when it comes to tax issues. On investing, follow Buffett or his mentor Benjamin Graham. On policy matters, just hit mute and ignore anyone who quotes him as well.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Numbers are so much fun to use in manipulation aren't they?

With almost every set of statistics you can argue the opposite by switching from percentages to actual figures and visa versa.

Exactly!

What if I pay 10% tax and "Bob" pays 8% tax? Well I make $1 million a year and Bob makes $50,000 a year. Bob looks like a real big contributor until you see how much ACTUAL MONEY is involved.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Exactly!

What if I pay 10% tax and "Bob" pays 8% tax? Well I make $1 million a year and Bob makes $50,000 a year. Bob looks like a real big contributor until you see how much ACTUAL MONEY is involved.

I think Bob should be taxed 18% but I gotcha ;)

VagabondLiberty

Intrepid Vagabond
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    LA
    The problem with Buffett isn't the actual amount of money involved. The problem with him is the intentional deception and zero explanation of how he arrives at his percentages of taxable income.

Top Bottom